Shannon L.K. Welch
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Dallas, TX
Shannon L.K. Welch is a partner at the highly respected Dallas law firm of Fisher & Welch, PC. Ms. Welch focuses her practice on assisting clients throughout Texas who have legal needs related to probate, estate, and trust litigation. Clients regularly turn to her for assistance with the following legal matters:
• Trust and estate litigation
• Fiduciary litigation
• Family limited partnership disputes
Ms. Welch began practicing law in 1997 after earning her law degree from The University of Texas School of Law and her admission to the State Bar of Texas. She then attended Southern Methodist University's Master's program, where she earned a Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management in 2012. In addition to her approval to practice law before all of Texas' state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas also approved her to practice in their courtrooms.
Shannon is a highly regarded member of the legal community, and she has earned much recognition for her litigation and negotiation skills, along with her leadership abilities. She has previously served as an officer and director of the Global Collaborative Law Council, and as vice-chair and co-program chair of the Collaborative Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association.
In addition to her leadership roles, Shannon is an active member of a number of legal organizations, including the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Mac Taylor Inn of Court. In addition, she is a Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation.
Shannon has been recognized in the Best Lawyers in America® every year from 2012 to the present. She also has an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Shannon L.K. Welch
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.fisherwelch.com/Attorneys/Shannon-L-Welch.shtml
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section (former Vice-Chair and Co-Program Chair)
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Tort & Insurance Practice Section
- Global Collaborative Law Council (former Director and officer)
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- The William Mac Taylor American Inn of Court
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers® 2014 - 2022, Super Lawyers®
- Named to Best Lawyers in America® 2012 - 2021, Best Lawyers in America®
- AV-Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of Philanthropy Award - East Texas Crisis Center, East Texas Crisis Center, 2016
- Southern Methodist University, M.A. in Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management, 2012
- The University of Texas School of Law, 1997
- Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, with Honors, 1993
Last Updated: 5/15/2022