Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Professional liability, General litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 2005
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP1445 Ross Ave
Dallas, TX 75202 Visit website
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
A skilled litigator advocating for the rights of Texas residents since 2005, Shawn Long is a business litigation attorney at the nationally renowned law firm Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP.
In addition to business litigation, Ms. Long has assisted clients with several commercial law, personal injury, professional liability and general litigation matters related to white collar criminal charges, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, and environmental and energy litigation. She litigates cases at both federal and state levels on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants and has experience with both country-wide class actions and international mass tort litigation.
Ms. Long has represented a variety of clients ranging from corporate directors, lawyers and physicians to property owners and commercial enterprises, securing substantial settlements and favorable verdicts on their behalf. She has also helped many of her coworkers avoid morally dubious situations by drawing on her experience.
At the University of Texas at Arlington, Ms. Long graduated with the highest honors with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1978. Later in 2005, she graduated cum laude with her Juris Doctor from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where she served as the comment and case note editor of its International Law Review journal. She is authorized to appear in the state courts of Texas and before the United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas.
In order to effectively represent her clients during every stage of their case, Ms. Long works hard to develop strong bonds of trust with them. As a result of her excellent client services and successful track record, she has been honored with several awards and accolades, including being listed among the Best Lawyers in Dallas for many years by D Magazine and Leading Litigators in America by Lawdragon 500. Moreover, she is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for her work in areas of legal malpractice, commercial litigation and health care litigation.
A fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, Ms. Long holds memberships in the American Bar Association, the Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Women Lawyers Association.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Professional liability: defense, General litigation
- 50% Business litigation
- 30% Professional liability: defense
- 20% General litigation
First Admitted: 2005, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bradley.com/people/l/long-shawn-c
- Successfully defended pipeline company in dispute with oil and gas producers
- Represented corporate officers and directors in suit involving claims of breach of fiduciary duties.
- Lawsuit Filed in Deadly Truck Crash on Dallas Freeway, 2008
- Defended large law firm in federal court against receiver seeking $136 million in damages where summary judgment was granted on the majority of receiver’s claims, resulting in a settlement on favorable terms to law firm.
- Defended large law firm against malpractice claims and reached settlements to client’s satisfaction.
- Defended large international commercial enterprise against claims by injured customers that settled on favorable terms.
- Jury Awards Victims $71 Million, 2004
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of large law firm defendant in case involving fraud and breach of fiduciary duty, eliminating all claims against it.
- Obtained non-suit of claims against Dallas-based law firm in case where plaintiff sought several million dollars in recoveries.
- Substantial confidential settlement for physician plaintiff in catastrophic personal injury matter.
- Represented property owners association and directors in multiyear, multiforum dispute with property owners.
- Encore Marketing Wins Key Ruling in Idearc Media Suit, 2008
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national law firm eliminating all claims against it.
- Author, Foreign Sovereign Immunity: When Is a Sovereign Really a Sovereign, Law and Business Review of the Americas (10 Law & Bus. Rev. Am. 243)
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, 2007
- Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, The Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2023
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars", 2010-2011, 2013-2015
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Legal Malpractice Law, 2023
- Litigation-Healthcare, The Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- Commercial Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2023
- Best Brief, Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition, 2002
- D Magazine, "Best Lawyers in Dallas", 2017-2018, 2020
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Dallas Women's Bar Association
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court – Associate
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Texas at Arlington, B.S., 1978, with highest honors
Office location for Shawn Long
1445 Ross Ave
Dallas, TX 75202
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013 - 2015
Additional sources of information about Shawn Long
Find me online
- Michael Walker, Mason Rollins, Walter McCorkle, and Mason Kruse volunteered at Firehouse Ministries, where they ser… https://t.co/mJeHzzh2TD
- Ladd Hirsch's most recent Business Divorce blog, co-authored with Oliver Cone, Senior Vice President at Bulkley Cap… https://t.co/UFRbKQbxyN
- This week, the Mississippi legislature amended the Mississippi Cannabis Act in several significant ways. In his mos… https://t.co/JeWXHSHx3c