The founder of the Clark Law Group, Stephen Clark divides his practice among family law matters, personal injury and limited criminal defense practices. Based in Dallas, Texas, he provides representation to clients throughout the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. Mr. Clark has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2011 and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court of the Norther District of Texas.
Mr. Clark's family law client base is primarily made up of people who are facing the end of their marriages and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related legal issues as property division, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. A forceful courtroom advocate on their behalf when litigation is necessary, he also has extensive experience in mediation, and this allows him to often help his clients come to an accord on these matters through the use of that alternative dispute resolution method. Mr. Clark also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements, and his other family law experience includes assisting domestic violence victims in obtaining protective orders. He also helps people whose marriages have already been legally dissolved and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing support and parenting court orders.
Mr. Clark additionally represents people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in cases involving premises liability as well as workplace accidents and truck and other motor vehicle crashes. His criminal defense cases have included drug possession, domestic violence, driving while intoxicated, assault, and other felonies and misdemeanors. Mr. Clark's successful track record in all these endeavors has earned him a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. A 2011 Juris Doctor recipient from St. Mary's University School of Law, he also studied at LSE Law, part of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Practice areasFamily law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Divorce, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Trucking accidents
- 70% Family law
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.clgtx.com/attorney-profiles/stephen-clark/
- London School of Economics International Law, 2010
- Texas Tech University, 2002
- Texas Family Law Foundation, 2013
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program participant, 2012
- Dallas Bar Association, 2011
- St. Thomas More Service Award, St. Mary's University, This award is given by St. Mary's University School of Law to a student for service to the community and school, 2011, St. Mary's University School of Law, 2011
- Selected to Dallas' Top 10, Top 10 Dallas Magazine, Top10Dallas, 2020
- Licensed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2019
- Licensed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2021
Office location for Stephen Clark
8226 Douglas Ave
Dallas, TX 75225
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021