Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Dallas, TexasClancy & Clancy Attorneys at Law
Tim M. Clancy is among the most well-respected trial lawyers in the Dallas‑Fort Worth area for over fifteen years. He applies his knowledge and experience to aggressively defend his clients in State and Federal Court. Clancy began his career as a state prosecutor in the District Attorney’s Office, where he honed his trial skills and gained invaluable experience. His experience on the other side of the fence has given him a unique advantage into how prosecutors think and prepare their cases.
Tim’s law practice handles a full range of cases, including DWI/DUI, white collar crime, assault, domestic violence allegations, drug offenses, and theft offenses, on a variety of levels: misdemeanor, juvenile, felony, and Federal all over the State of Texas.
The legal process can be stressful and confusing for defendants, as well as their family members. He is committed to answering clients’ questions candidly and remaining accessible throughout their entire case. Tim’s uncompromising, honest, and straightforward approach produces tremendous results for his clients.
Having a strong desire to serve the legal community, Mr. Clancy is an active member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Tim is licensed to practice law in the entire State of Texas, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, and Southern District of Texas. He began his education at the Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas, then obtained a Bachelor of Arts from Texas Tech University. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Tax Evasion, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dfwcriminallawyer.com
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Award: 2018, 2019, 2020
- Special Prosecutor, Tarrant County, Texas 2007–08
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers “Texas Rising Star” Award: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Speaker at Southern Methodist University for Fraternities re: DWI and Alcohol Laws
- Special Prosecutor, Dallas County, Texas 2007
- Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas, HS, 1995
- Texas Tech University, B.A,, Minor in English, 1999
- Author, Warrantless Searches, Texas Lawyer, Lawyers, 2009
- D Magazine - D Legal Directory: Dallas Edition. A comprehensive guide of attorneys and legal practices in Dallas., 2009
- Jesuit Alumni Legal Society, 2010
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, 2010
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2007
- State Bar of Texas, 2003
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity
- Former Member, Texas District & County Attorneys Association, 2003
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Law
Office location for Tim Clancy
3131 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013