Top rated Family Law attorney in Dallas, TexasDuffee + Eitzen
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2010
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Attorney Vanessa Sheppard is a Partner with Duffee + Eitzen law firm, which has law offices in Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth and Wichita Falls, Texas. Widely regarded as one of the top lawyers in her region, Ms. Sheppard has more than 10 years of total legal experience, and she focuses her practice solely on family law.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Sheppard has achieved remarkable success helping her clients make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division and all other related matters pertaining to their divorces, and she has gained a reputation for her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients as well as her unwavering resolve for helping them achieve their goals and the positive results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
She has become known for her innate ability to see the big picture involving her clients' legal issues, and she delivers highly personalized counsel, and innovative strategies and solutions for those she serves. Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, she has received designation from Expertise as being among the Best Family Lawyers in Plano and has been voted among the Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas by D Magazine.
Ms. Sheppard has also received a Top 40 Under 40 ranking from The National Advocates. Highly active in her legal community, she is a member of the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, the State Bar of Texas' Family Law Section and the Dallas Bar Association's Family Law Section.
She is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association's Probate, Trust and Estates Law Section and Solo and Small Firm Section, as well as the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers and Attorneys Serving the Community (ASC).
A 2006 graduate of Southern Methodist University, Ms. Sheppard returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2010.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2010, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.duffeeandeitzen.com/teams/vanessa-sheppard/
- Southern Methodist University
- ASC’s mission is to bring together women lawyers who collectively utilize their resources and talents to support local non profit organizations whose programs benefit women, children or families. ASC also is committed to providing its members with leadership and networking opportunities as it carries out its primary mission of serving the community.
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section (2011-present) Dallas Bar Association (2010-present) Dallas Young Lawyer's Association (2010-present) Dallas Bar Association Family Law Section (2011-present) Dallas Bar Association Probate Section (2013-present) The Annette Stewart American Inn of Court (2016 - Present)
- , D Magazine Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2020
- D Magazine Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2022
- The National Advocates: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization that is comprised of America’s top young attorneys who take pride in guiding individuals and families that need an advocate on their side. Membership into The National Advocates: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only, and is extended exclusively to those individuals under the age of 40 who meet stringent qualifications and specialize in the legal practice of Matrimonial and Family Law, Bankruptcy Law, Immigration Law, Social Security Disability Law, Employment Law and Wills, Trusts and Estates Law. , Top 40 Under 40, National Advocates, 2016
Office location for Vanessa Sheppard
4311 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas, TX 75219
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2023