William L. Siegel
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Dallas, TX
Attorney William L. Siegel is a shareholder with the Cowles & Thompson law firm in Dallas, Texas, and he serves as section head of the firm's Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group. He is also a member of the firm's Corporate and Business Practice Group, and he has more than 37 years of legal experience representing the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Dallas Metro region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Bankruptcy and creditors' rights
· Corporate and business law and litigation
· Hospitality and lodging law
· Real estate law, litigation and finance
· Financial institution law
A highly versatile attorney, Mr. Siegel has assisted numerous startups and medium-sized companies with their formation, planning and operational needs as well as their transactional needs. He has considerable experience handling contract negotiations and partnership and other types of agreements as well as advocating on behalf of his clients in a wide range of complex disputes. As the bulk of his practice includes business bankruptcy matters, he has achieved notable success representing trustees, creditors and debtors in complex Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Recognized for his outstanding professionalism, high ethical standards and unmatched legal abilities, Mr. Siegel holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and D Magazine voted him among the Best Lawyers in Dallas for bankruptcy and workouts in 2013 and 2016. He has also received many other top rankings from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1979 graduate of Miami University in Ohio, Mr. Siegel obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo College of Law in 1982. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Siegel is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association and the American Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations. He has written extensively and conducted numerous lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics while also appearing on several radio and television news outlets, where he offers in-depth legal commentary on various subjects.
Committed to his local community as well, Mr. Siegel is board member and chair elect of the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce and former chairman of the board of Big Thought, Inc. He is also active with the Rotary Club of Park Cities, and he has served on the Program Committee for the Association of Corporate Growth and the Professional Services Committee for The Real Estate Council.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About William L. Siegel
First Admitted: 1982, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.cowlesthompson.com/index.php
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Dallas, Bankruptcy & Workout, by D Magazine, 2013, 2016.
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers© by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers®, 2004-2018.
- The Real Estate Council, Professional Services Committee
- Big Thought, Inc., former Chairman of the Board
- Association of Corporate Growth, Program Committee
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, Chair-Elect
- Rotary Club of Park Cities
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- B.S., Miami University - Ohio, 1979
- Articles - Attorney Liability -- Is This the New Twilight Zone? The University of Memphis Law Review, Volume 27, Number 1, 1997; Treatments of Covenants Not to Compete in Bankruptcy, ABA Spring Conference.
- Member - American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas and Dallas County Bar Association (Member of Business Litigation Section and Bankruptcy Bar Section)
- Association Of Corporate Growth And American Bankruptcy Institute
- THURSDAY: Civility & Diversity in the Profession Casey Erick, Employment Law Shareholder at Cowles Thompson, co-p… https://t.co/6wUAar0MU5
- Cowles Thompson co-founder & esteemed colleague Jim Cowles was recently honored by D Magazine for inclusion to the… https://t.co/zqU6npJVW8
- Via @bsiegel1201 - Armstrong Flooring founded in 1860, filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, saying it couldn’t raise price… https://t.co/DnTJ08stwU
- V/ @bsiegel1201 Former senior Fed official said the central bank wld need to raise its benchmark interest rate over… https://t.co/kESwNZ4Hvh
Last Updated: 5/15/2022