Andrew J. Passons
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Denton, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014
- Virtual Appointments
Andrew J. Passons is the managing partner at Lewis, Passons & Darnell, P.C. Possessing extensive experience in a variety of family law matters, he represents people throughout portions of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area from the firm’s offices in Denton. Since 2010, Mr. Passons has been certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Passons majored in political science at Texas A&M University and obtained a Bachelor of Science in 1998. He then proceeded to pursue his legal education at the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, and in 2001, he received his Juris Doctor. Mr. Passons was associated with area firms before joining the predecessor of his current firm in 2010. He is admitted to practice in Texas as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Mr. Passons recognizes that the end of a marriage can be a source of upheaval for many people, and he provides his clients who are going through a divorce with effective advice and counsel on the related issues of property division, parenting arrangements, alimony and child support. He works with them whenever possible to reach an accord on these matters through negotiations and mediation, but he will advocate on their behalf in court when litigation proves to be necessary.
Other family law matters that Mr. Passons has extensive experience in handling have included post-decree modifications and enforcement, the preparation and review of prenuptial agreements, paternity establishment and disputes, and adoptions. He is held in high regard by his fellow attorneys, as evidenced by his receipt of both an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014
About Andrew J. Passons
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dentonfamilyattorneys.com/andrew-passons/
- , AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- , Texas Super Lawyer – Thomson Reuters, 2014-2019
- , Texas Rising Star – Thomson Reuters, 2010-2014
- , Top 100 Attorneys – DFW – Thomson Reuters – 2019
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, 1998
- President, Family Law Section, Denton County Bar Association, 2008
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, Member
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2001
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- President, Greater Denton County Young Lawyers Association, 2010
- President, Family Law Section, Denton County Bar Association, 2007
- 21 Tips & Tricks for the New Family Law Practitioner, State Bar of Texas, New Lawyer's Course, 2009
- Speaker – Advanced Family Law Course – 2011, 2014
- Discussion and analysis of state and national law related to marriage and parentage issues for same-sex couples., Presenter, Marriage and Parentage for Same-Sex Couples, 2018
- Jury Issues in Family Law Cases, Denton County Bar Association - Family Law Section, 2009
- Co-author, Basics of Discovery, Denton County Paralegal Association, 2009
- Co-Author/Co-Presenter, Preparing for and Passing the Board Certification Exam, 2011
- Author/Presenter, Dealing With the Man - Obtaining and Admitting Evidence from Governmental Entities, State Bar of Texas - Advanced Family Law Course, 2014
- Board Certified - Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2010
Last Updated: 5/16/2022