Top rated family law attorney in Denton, TexasCamille Milner
Camille Milner is the attorney behind her eponymous law firm located in Denton, Texas. She understands the physical, emotional and mental toll that going to court may have on a family, and she therefore takes a collaborative approach to resolve family legal issues such as divorce, child custody, child support, probate and guardianship. She assists clients throughout Denton and the surrounding areas including Lake Dallas, Carrollton, Westlake, Roanoke, Lewisville, Highland Village, Little Elm, Frisco and Aubrey.
Board-certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Milner was first admitted to practice in Texas in 1984 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from The University of Texas at Austin in 1983. She completed her B.A. in political science and government from the University of North Texas in 1980.
Ms. Milner gives back to the legal community by serving in several legal organizations. A fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, she served as a president of Collaborative Divorce Texas and Denton County Collaborative Professionals. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Denton County Bar Association.
A talented and knowledgeable attorney, Ms. Milner received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in both legal abilities and ethical standards. She was listed in the Top Women Attorneys in Texas by Texas Monthly and was named as a Master Credentialed Collaborative Professional by Collaborative Divorce Texas. She also holds an Avvo “Superb” rating.
A passionate and enthusiastic speaker, Ms. Milner has presented at multiple educational forums and seminars. She has also written extensively on topics related to collaborative divorce.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Guardianships & conservatorships, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Wills
- 90% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1984, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://milner-law.com/about-camille-milner/who-i-am/
- Selected Member Super Lawyers, 2005 - Present
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- President, Collaborative Divorce Texas (formerly Collaborative Law Institute of Texas), 2016-2017
- Member, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section of the State Bar of Texas and Denton County Bar R, P, & T Section
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and Denton County Bar Family Law Section
- President, Denton County Bar Association, 1993-1994
- Vice President, Denton County Bar Association, 1992-1993
- Secretary-Treasurer, Denton County Bar Association, 1991-1992
- District 14 Representative, Local Bar Leaders Committee, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Denton County Bar Association, 1985-present
- Member, Collaborative Divorce Texas (CLI-TX)
- Member, International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Denton County Collaborative Professionals, Past President
- Master Credentialed Collaborative Professional – 2018
- North Texas State University (now UNT), Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science), Honors: Magna Cum Laude, 1980
- Denton High School, 1977
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
- Wes Milner, Ph.D. and Iglehart Professor at the University of Evansville, Indiana, and I presented this at the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Annual Educational Forum in New Orleans, Louisiana on October 18, 2008, Co-Presenter, Stu Webb (Keynote address): Justice vs. Peace and Reconciliation: Have We Been Asking the Wrong Question All Along?, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Collaborative Divorce, 2008
- Why Collaborative Divorce?, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWurnviE44, Collaborative Divorce, 2017
- There doesn't always have to be a winner and loser in legal disputes. As Denton attorney Camille Milner explains to LXBN TV and Texas Bar TV following her presentation at the 2013 State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, utilizing interest-based negotiation in collaborative law—where the parties focus on their interests instead of their positions—can lead to both parties getting what they want, The Role of Interest-Based Negotiation in Collaborative Law, Collaborative Divorce, 2013
- Collaborative Divorce
Office location for Camille Milner
620 W Hickory St
Denton, TX 76201
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
Certificates and credentials