Eric A. Navarrette
Top rated Family Law attorney in Denton, TexasNavarrette | Bowen, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Texas since: 2007
Education: Texas Tech University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Attorney Eric A. Navarrette is a shareholder with Navarrette | Bowen, P.C., law firm in Denton, Texas. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 15 years of legal experience, Mr. Navarrette focuses his practice exclusively on family law, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Denton and Tarrant counties who have legal needs involving divorce, child custody and support, property division, relocation, grandparents' rights, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, protective orders and more.
A highly seasoned litigator and well-versed in collaborative law, Mr. Navarrette holds his board certification in family law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and he is able to help his clients through their contested or uncontested divorces while consistently maintaining an unwavering commitment to protecting their rights and interests at all turns.
From his efforts, he has achieved remarkable success helping his clients obtain the favorable outcomes they seek for their serious and complex family-related legal issues efficiently and cost-effectively, and he has gained a reputation for his compassion and integrity as well as his impassioned advocacy on behalf of his clients.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Navarrette has received perennial recognition from The Best Lawyers in America as well as a "Superb" rating on Avvo and numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 2003 graduate of St. Mary's University with a degree in criminal justice, Mr. Navarrette obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2006. He has several publications to his credit, and he is an active member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the Dallas County Bar Association's Family Law Section and the Denton County Bar Association.
He has also served as president of the Denton County Young Lawyers Association as well as director of Denton County Collaborative Professionals, and he is active with many other local, state and national legal organizations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
First Admitted: 2007
Professional Webpage: https://nbfamilylaw.com/about-us/eric-a-navarrette/
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition, 2013-2020
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Order of Omega Leadership Honor Society
- Chi Phi Fraternity
- Gamma Sigma Alpha National Greek Academic Honor Society
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2021
- Rising Stars Edition – Top 100 Up and Coming, 2017-2018
- In recognition for outstanding pro bono services to indigent persons in the community, John Crews Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, Lubbock County Bar Association and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas Equal Justice Volunteer Program, 2008
- Recognized as the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program's Finest in the Dallas Bar Association - Headnotes publication, June 2011, DVAP's Finest, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Proud Board Member of DFW Angels and Hope and Door New Beginning Center
- Pro Bono Attorney with Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP), 2010
- Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (DCAP), Volunteer Mediator, 2011
- Lubbock County Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section, 2009 – 2010
- State Bar of Texas, May 2007
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2014 – Present
- Dallas County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010 – Present
- Denton County Young Lawyers Association, 2010 – Present (President Elect, 2013-2014)
- Denton County Collaborative Professionals, 2012 – Present (Director, 2013-2014)
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2008 – Present
- Denton County Family Law Section, 2010 - Present; Secretary, 2011
- Texas Family Law Foundation, 2009 - Present
- South Plains Family Law Association, 2007 - 2009
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association, 2007 - 2010
- Dallas County Family Law Section, 2010 - 2014
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 2010 - 2014
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Lubbock County, 2009
- Lubbock County Bar Association, 2007 - 2010
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2011 – Present
- Denton County Bar Association, 2010 - Present
- Denton County Young Lawyers Association, 2010 - 2015
- Texas Family Law Section, 2009 - Present
- Mexican - American Bar Association, President, 2007 - 2009
- The Collaborative Law Institute of Texas, 2011 - 2015
- Dallas County Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- St. Mary's University, B.A., Criminal Justice, 2003
- 36th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, Contributing Author, Agreements Between Counsel and Parties: Rule 11, MSA's and Other Settlement Agreements, 2010
- Statutory Update to Lexis Family Code, Contributing Author, Lexis Family Code Update, 2010
- Statutory Update to Lexis Family Code, Contributing Author, Lexis Family Code Update, 2011
- 40th Advanced Family Law Course, Author, Board Certification: Breaking Down the Process and the Specifics, 2014
- Statutory Update to Lexis Family Code, Contributing Author, Lexis Family Code Update, 2012
- Board Certified - Family Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2020
Top ListsUp-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
Certificates and credentials