Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Denton, TX
As a founding partner of Martinez Legal P.C., Marci B. Martinez works with clients regarding their family law needs. She has extensive court experience, handling cases involving divorce, estate planning, adoptions, premarital agreements and private mediation for clients in Denton, the Dallas Metroplex and across Texas.
Ms. Martinez received her Bachelor of Science in human resource management from Arizona State University in 2002. She earned her juris doctor from the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University in 2005. At law school, she was an articles editor for Arizona State Law Journal and the executive officer of the Christian Legal Society.
After being accepted to practice law by the State Bar of Texas, in 2008 Ms. Martinez became an associate attorney at MacDonald Devin P.C., successfully representing business owners, builders, subcontractors and other individuals in state court. In 2011 she became an associate attorney at O'Connell Law Firm P.C. and in 2014 she began working as an associate attorney at Duane L. Coker & Associates, P.C., focusing on family law. She formed Martinez Legal, P.C., in 2017. Since establishing her own law firm in Denton, Texas, her business has grown quickly, in just a short amount of time.
In 2013 Ms. Martinez was awarded the Attorney Ad Litem Award. She serves as Qualified Mediator for Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. She was co-chair of the Denton County Adoption Day from 2013 to 2014, and was the Denton County Family Law Section President from 2016 to 2017. She was also awarded the Pillar of Justice Award. She is a member of the Denton County Bar Association and the College of the State Bar of Texas. She holds an "Excellent" rating through Avvo, with over forty, glowing, 5-Star client reviews. On Google reviews, her firm holds a 5-Star rating.
Marci has been selected as a Top 40 under 40 for the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys for 2018, 2019 and 2020. She has also been named as a Top 100 National Advocate for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. She was recognized as one of the Premier Lawyers in America in 2019 and she received the Client's Choice Award in 2019 and 2020 from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Finally, her firm was recently awarded and nationally recognized by US Business News and Martinez Legal received the Legal Elite Awards for 2020 for the DFW area which was featured in their national publication.
Marci also remains active the in the community and assists with the local Denton Food Pantry, National Adoption Day and Suicide Prevention Awareness.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Rising Stars: 2018
About Marci Martinez
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://martinezlegalpc.com/attorney-profile/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- National Adoption Day Chair
- Denton County Family Law Section Vice-President, President
- Denton County Family Law Section President, 2016-2017
- Denton County Adoption Day Co-Chair, 2013-2014
- B.S. in Business Management, Magna Cum LaudeArizona State University, 2002
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Juris Doctor of Law , 2005
Pro bono/Community Service
- Adoption Day Committee, 2018
- Member, Texas Bar College , 2020
- Qualified Family Law Mediator, 2020
- , Avvo Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- , Top 100 Lawyers, Top 100 Registry , 2021
- , Legal Elite Awards, U.S. Business News , 2020
- , Best Family Law Attorney, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2020
- , Top 40 under 40, The National Advocates Top 100, 2020
- , Best Family Law Attorney, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2019
- , Top 40 under 40, The National Advocates Top 100, 2019
- , The National Advocates Top 100, 2018
- Pillar of Justice Award, 2014
- I was selected as Ad Litem of the Year for my work on CPS cases by CASA of Denton County. , Ad Litem of the year , CASA of Denton County , 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022