Roger M. Yale
Top rated family law attorney in Denton, TexasYale Law Group, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Business litigation, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1994
Education: Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
Yale Law Group, PLLC1417 E McKinney St. Suite 220
Denton, TX 76209 Visit website
As the founder of Yale Law Group, Roger M. Yale is dedicated to representing clients in Plano, Dallas, Denton, the surrounding areas and throughout the state of Texas. He focuses his practice on handling cases that involve the following matters: civil litigation, family law, probate and wills, and estate planning.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in accounting and business administration from Washington and Lee University in 1979, Mr. Yale began a career in business that included real estate, gasoline and a hotel. He later went to Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, where he earned a Juris Doctor in 1994.
Dealing with complex family issues or putting together estate plans can be complex and overwhelming. For more than 20 years, Mr. Yale has been working closely with clients to help them resolve a range of legal matters. Whether he is advising a family going through a difficult divorce or helping a client to secure permanent residency, Mr. Yale treats every client with compassion and respect. He understands the importance of moving through a case as efficiently as possible while advocating for his client's goals and best interests.
With a strong and diverse business background, Mr. Yale takes a tactical approach to each case. He uses innovative techniques and creativity in order to secure the best possible outcome. For his achievements, Mr. Yale holds an Avvo "Very Good" rating.
When he is not in the courtroom, Mr. Yale enjoys spending time with his wife and four children.
Practice areasFamily law, Business litigation, Estate planning & probate
Divorce, Marital property, Estate planning, Living wills, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 40% Family law
- 30% Business litigation
- 30% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.yalelawgroup.com/attorney/roger-m-yale/
- Board certified Civil Litigation, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Denton County Bar Association
- 1979 Washington and Lee BS in accounting
- DENTON, Texas, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A jury in Denton County has awarded $605,000 to the Defendants in a suit dubbed "Snake-nado". The Plaintiffs, Jason and Shelley Wylie, sued Jerry and Carol Livezey, the Defendants, for fraud and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, alleging that the property they were sold was infested with copperhead snakes, and that the Livezeys' failed to disclose the presence of snakes. The suit came to an end after 4 years. Mr. Wylie is both an attorney and a CPA, making the verdict indicative of a rising trend of professionals abusing their power. "No one likes snakes, but even fewer people like abusive lawyers, and I can see why when they act like the plaintiff did in this situation," said Roger Yale, lead counsel for the defense. In 2011 the Wylies and Livezys entered into a contract on 3 acres of property in rural Argyle, Texas, just north of Denton. The months leading up to the July closing, and those immediately following, were filled with turmoil, as Mr. Wylie repeatedly threatened suit and recession, and demanded several price reductions. It was clear that (1) the Wylies were not going to let go of the property, and (2) the Wylies planned on suing the Livezeys regardless of the accommodations made. Despite their knowledge of rural land in North Texas and the likelihood of snakes on the property, the Wylies almost immediately filed suit alleging a failure to disclose the copperhead snakes on the property. Although the Wylies received an inspection report, the Wylies claimed to have no knowledge of the snakes, a room addition, and various improvements recommended for the property. At trial, the Defendants' counsel, Yale, showed the jury the true intentions of Mr. Wylie. The numerous emails to the Livezeys, the Livezeys' real estate agent, and the Livezeys' previous attorney illuminated Mr. Wylie's attempts to use his law license as means to bully the elderly couple. Likewise, the pure inconsistencies in the claims asserted by the Wylies—stating they found at least 100 copperheads within the first 90 days of receipt of the property while alleging only 2 sightings in their demand letter sent 2 months after closing, and claiming over $100,000 in "snake proofing" without a single invoice or bill—broke apart Mr. Wylie's façade before the jury. Yale is board certified in Texas civil trial law, as well as Family Law, and was assisted at trial by Brittany A. Weaver and J. Kevin Young. The Yale Law Group provides legal services spanning civil litigation, family law, estate planning and probate, business law, and many more. The Yale Law Group goes above and beyond for its clients, fighting against bullies of all shapes and sizes. www.yalelawgroup.com, 2015
- Settled estate post verdict favoring client, client second wife of deceased received significant cash assets from estate that were in contest at the trial and would have resulted in shared assets with spouses children from first marriage. Client has cash and ability to move forward with life free of step children. , 2017
- Verdict returning two (2) children to their parents in an 8 day jury trial against Child Protective Services, 2008
- Successful defense against a Bank guaranty agreement. Our client had signed a guaranty agreement with the 5th largest bank in Texas for $500,000.00, 2014
- $225,000 Plaintiff verdict on a slip and fall accident, 2007
- $750,000.00 Fraud verdict against Real Estate Broker and Title Company in favor of purchaser, 2013
- Divorce obtained for client, client recieved 78% of estate after trial to the court establishing a pattern of spousal abuse by husband. Case resulted in home and retirement accounts being awarded to Wife, Husband left marriage with a vehicle, some cash and limited child visitation, while paying child support. , 2017
Office location for Roger M. Yale
1417 E McKinney St. Suite 220
Denton, TX 76209
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Civil Trial Law