Carlos Eduardo Cardenas
Top rated General Litigation attorney in El Paso, TexasLaw Office of Carlos Eduardo Cardenas, P.C.
Practice Areas: General Litigation, Personal Injury, Administrative Law
Licensed in Texas since: 1980
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Since being licensed in Texas as an attorney on May 26, 1980, Carlos has focused his practice of law on representing clients in personal injury and commercial litigation, and in administrative law proceedings before the State Office of Administrative Hearings in Austin. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Georgetown University in 1977 and earned his J.D. Degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 1980. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Western District, the United States District Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
He served on the Board of Directors of the El Paso Bar Association from 2002 to 2011; and as its President in 2009-2010. He is a member of several professional organizations including Past Chair of the Council for the State Bar of Texas Litigation Section; Chair-Elect of the Texas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees; the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), having served as President of the El Paso Chapter in 2014; as a Supreme Court of Texas appointee to the Texas Access to Justice Commission from 2011 to 2017; and designated as a Master in the George A. McAlmon American Inns of Court since 2015. Carlos also served as a member of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors from 2020 to 2023. . He is rated “AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell.
Carlos maintains offices in El Paso and Austin.
First Admitted: 1980, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/79901-tx-carlos-cardenas-12064...
- Widows and orphans in wrongful death cases, and licensed professionals and business entities in administrative law proceedings.
- BSBA from Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. - 1977; University of Texas School of Law, J.D. - 1980
- My Daughter, Mary Elizabeth Cardenas
- Board Certified in Administrative Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1989-1999)
- Member of the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, 2009
- Chair of the Finance Council, Sacred Heart Catholic Church , 2022
- Member of the Board of Directors, El Pasoans Fighting Hunger, 2023
- Volunteer Attorney - Texas Election Protection Project, 2020
- Pro Bono Attorney - Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center
- Certificate of Special Recognition for Outstanding Service to the Community - United States House of Representatives, 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation for Community Service - Black El Paso Democrats, 2011
- Member of the Board of Directors - Texas Civil Rights Project (2011-2016)
- Supreme Court of Texas Appointee to the Texas Access to Justice Commission (2011-2017)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Texas Appleseed (2018-2022), 2022
- Member, Legal Services to the Poor in Civil Matters Committee - State Bar of Texas (2020-2022), 2022
- Chair-Elect, Texas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees (2023-2024)
- Member, Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas (2020-2023), 2023
- Past Fellows Chair to the Board of Trustees of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2023
- President of the El Paso Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (2014)
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Chair, Council of the Litigation Section for the State Bar of Texas (2017-2018)
- Chair, Local Bar Services Committee of the State Bar of Texas (2011-12)
- President of the El Paso Bar Association (2009-2010)
- Master in the George A. McAlmon American Inns of Court (2015 to Present)
- , Senior Life Fellow, ABOTA Foundation, 2023
- Duane A. Baker Professionalism Award, El Paso Bar Association, 2014
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2023
- Access to Justice - Pro Bono Champion, Texas Bar Journal, 2010
- Certificate of Appreciation, Ft. Bliss Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, 2010
- Administrative Law - Texas Medical Board
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Texas Board of Dental Examiners
- Texas Board of Nursing
- Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Education Agency
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023