Cheryl S. Davis
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in El Paso, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2007
- Free Consultation
Attorney Cheryl S. Davis is the founder and owner of The Law Offices of Cheryl S. Davis, P.C., in El Paso, Texas. Board-certified in consumer bankruptcy law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 22 years of legal experience, Ms. Davis devotes her practice to helping people find relief from their overwhelming debt. Cheryl will be taking clients from Dallas, Tarrant, Ellis & Johnson counties (except in Plano city). She represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the greater El Paso metro region and surrounding areas of New Mexico with their legal needs involving any of the following:
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Unlawful and abusive debt collection efforts
- Foreclosure defense
- Credit repair counseling
A highly compassionate attorney, Ms. Davis commits her full attention to each client she serves in order to provide the most effective counsel and support possible to help them through what is a very difficult time in their lives. Not only does she offer effective solutions for debt relief, she also provides invaluable advice to her clients to help them understand the underlying causes of their debt issues and how they can best avoid placing themselves in dire financial predicaments in the future.
In recognition for her exemplary professionalism and outstanding service to her clients, Ms. Davis has earned "Superb" client ratings on Avvo as well as many positive testimonials and referrals from those she has served. Moreover, she has also earned the respect of her peers, and she holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating.
After graduating from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1994, Ms. Davis attended Texas Tech School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1997. The State Bar of Texas admitted her to practice that same year, and she received her license to practice in New Mexico in 2000. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas and the District of New Mexico, as well as before the Texas and New Mexico Supreme Courts.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Davis has served as president, vice president and treasurer of the El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar, as well as vice president of the El Paso Women’s Bar Association. She is also a former board of directors member of the El Paso Bar Association and former treasurer of the Federal Bar Association. She is a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of New Mexico.
Committed to her local community as well, Ms. Davis is very active with St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, and she has served on the school board and board of trustees for St. Mark’s Methodist School. She has also served on the board of directors and acted as legal counsel for the El Paso Amigo Airshow.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
11601 Pellicano Dr,
El Paso, TX 79936
1703 N. Peyco Dr.,
Arlington, TX 76001
About Cheryl S. Davis
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.cherylsdavislaw.com/attorney/
Pro bono/Community Service
- El Paso Amigo Airshow, Legal Counsel, 2003—2009
- El Paso Amigo Airshow, Board of Directors, 2003—2006
- St. Mark’s Methodist School, School Board Member, 2004—2005
- St. Mark’s Methodist School, Board of Trustees, 2007—2010
- St. Mark’s Methodist Church, International Missions Team Member
- New Mexico Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1999
- Texas Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2009
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 2001
- New Mexico, 2000
- Texas, 1997
- El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar, Treasurer 1999—2000
- El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar, Member
- El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar, President, 2010—2011
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- El Paso Women’s Bar Association, Vice President, 1999—2000
- New Mexico Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Treasurer, 2008—2010
- El Paso Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2008—2011
- El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar, Vice President, 2000—2001
- Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Tech School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Texas-El Paso, B.S., 1994
Last Updated: 5/15/2022