Brett A. Nelson
Top rated Family Law attorney in Flower Mound, TexasNelson Law Group PC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2009
Education: Drake University Law School
Nelson Law Group PC700 Parker Square
Flower Mound, TX 75028 Visit website
With the bundle of professional experience garnered from over 26 years of law practice, Brett A. Nelson founded his own firm in 1997 with an aim to provide quality legal service to the people of Illinois. Joining Nelson Law Group, P.C., in 2014, he currently functions as a founding partner with a total of about three decades of extensive experience spanning broad spectrums of law. Basing his practice in Denton County, Texas, he focuses his attention on family law and strives to represent his clients with zeal and commitment.
As a compassionate attorney sensitive to the emotions of his clients, Mr. Nelson firmly believes in the power of good communication to build a strong relationship with the client and better resolve their issues. He has handled various types of litigation from insurance coverage, personal injury and workers’ compensation to estate administration and complex business transactions. Apart from his legal proficiency, he also has valuable insights regarding business operations and administration stemming from his years of working with big and small enterprises.
All these experiences in various fields combined give Mr. Nelson the unique knack for handling complicated divorces involving business owners and guiding professionals in tackling business-related problems. He helps his clients close the dark chapters of their life and open new healthy ones while making sure to address all his clients’ issues and prioritize their needs. He knows how a divorce or family law dispute can detrimentally affect the psyche of juveniles, having gone through the same as a kid, and ensures to take measures to shield them as much as the situation allows.
At Drake University, Mr. Nelson completed his bachelor’s in business administration in 1990 and went on to pursue law at the university’s law school. With an ardent commitment to his studies, he graduated with both his master’s degree in business administration and doctorate in jurisprudence in 1993. He has worked with various private firms and has received a Notable* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Adding to his list of accomplishments is the perfect rating of 10/10 on Avvo and his selection to SuperLawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Business Litigation
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1993, Iowa
Professional Webpage: https://nelsonlawgrouppc.com/about-the-firm/about-brett-nels...
- Drake University B.S.B.A., 1990
- Drake University - Masters of Business Administration, 1993
- Licensed State of Texas, 2009
- U.S. Virgin Islands, 2004
- Licensed State of Illinois (retired), 1994
- Licensed State of Iowa (inactive), 1993
- Informational video about Nelson Law Group., Nelson Law Group, PC, Flower Mound, Texas, Family, Civil, Business, 2016
- Adoption Day Annual Sponsor, Denton County Bar Association, since 2016, 2022
- Football Coach- served as football coach for local youth football league 2017 - 2021
- Student Ministry Volunteer at church 2012 - 2018, 2018
- Marriage of 22 years with 3 wonderful children., 2022
- Winner of Best Business Attorney, Best of Denton County awards, Best Business Attorney, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/legal-services/, 2022
- Voted Top 3 Best Civil Law Firms in Best of Denton County., Best Civil Law Firm, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/legal-services/, 2022
- Voted in the Top 3 Best Family Law Firms in Denton County, Best Family Law Firm, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/legal-services/, 2022
- Winner of Best Business Attorney, Best Civil Attorney, Best Family Law Firm and Best Civil Law Firm by Best of Denton County., Best Business Attorney, Best Civil Attorney, Best Family Law Firm and Best Civil Law Firm, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2021_FinalistsWinners.pdf, 2021
- Winner of Best Civil Attorney by Best of Denton County., Best Civil Attorney, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2020-Combined-Finalists-Winners.pdf, 2020
- Voted in the Top 3 Best Family Attorney in Best of Denton County., Best Family Attorney, https://bestofdentoncounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2020-Combined-Finalists-Winners.pdf, 2020
- The Double D Award is presented annually to Drake letterwinners for achievements in their chosen fields of endeavor and/or community service since leaving Drake. The Double D Award is the highest honor Drake bestows on its student-athletes., Double D Award, Drake University, 2001
- Notable AV Rating by Martindale Hubbell, 2022
Office location for Brett A. Nelson
700 Parker Square
Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Super Lawyers: 2023