Collin D. Kennedy
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Frisco, TexasHanshaw Kennedy Hafen, LLP
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Employment & labor, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1999
Education: University of Arkansas School of Law (Fayetteville)
Hanshaw Kennedy Hafen, LLP1415 Legacy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034 Visit website
Collin D. Kennedy is a partner at the law firm Hanshaw Kennedy Hafen, LLP, located in Frisco, Texas. Serving clients throughout the state of Texas for over 22 years, he represents clients with matters involving business law, employment law, health care law, partnership disputes, catastrophic injuries, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He litigates cases as well as provides knowledgeable counsel.
Mr. Kennedy has gained invaluable experience helping clients involved in catastrophic injuries and complex commercial disputes and has worked on many high-profile cases over the years. He is a firm believer in providing personalized strategies for each case and treats every case as if it were a friend’s or a family member’s case.
With a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo, Mr. Kennedy has received many endorsements from his peers and positive ratings from his happy clients. He fights aggressively for his clients’ rights and strives to ensure justice is being served, while upholding his clients’ best interests.
Having obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and insurance from Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business, Mr. Kennedy received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Arkansas, graduating with Order of the Barrister honors. He went on to serve as an assistant district attorney in Houston, dealing with criminal defense cases.
Mr. Kennedy enjoys being active in the legal community and is a member of numerous legal associations, including the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, the Collin County Bar Association, the Collin County Young Lawyers Association, the Frisco Chamber of Commerce, the Trial Law Institute and the Diversity Law Institute.
In addition to Texas, Mr. Kennedy is also licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Employment & labor: employee, General litigation, Health care, Personal injury - general: defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Employment law - employee, Labor law, Litigation, Hospital law, Health & health care law, Personal injury - plaintiff, Construction accident, Brain injury, Personal injury - defense
- 50% Business/corporate
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Health care
- 10% Personal injury - general: defense
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://hanshawkennedy.com/personnel/collin-d-kennedy/
- Frisco Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2003
- Texas State Bar, 1999
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Collin County Young Lawyers Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- , Super Lawyer, Superlawyers.com, 2022
- , Top 100 Bet The Company Litigators, America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2020
- , Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2020
- , Top Lawyer, Top 100 Registry, 2020
- Barrister, Order of Juris
- Baylor University (B.A., 1995), 1995
- University of Arkansas (J.D., 1999), 1999
- , Attorney Bio, 2021
Office location for Collin D. Kennedy
1415 Legacy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023