Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Frisco, TX
Deborah Mackoy, a partner at the law firm of Mackoy, Hernandez, Jones and Woods LLP in Frisco, Texas, has dedicated her career to all aspects of family law and prides herself on serving the citizens of the Collin, Denton and Dallas county area. Following her undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Dallas, from where she graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1993, Ms. Mackoy went on to attend Southern Methodist University School of Law and graduated with a juris doctorate degree in 1996. That same year, she was admitted to the State Bar of Texas. In 1997, she was admitted to The Missouri Bar and approved to practice in the U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas. She was admitted to practice at the U.S. Supreme Court in 2014.
Deborah Mackoy's dedication and experience have not gone unnoticed by either the legal community or her many satisfied clients. She holds a Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished* rating, has a "Superb" Avvo rating and is a lifetime fellow of the Collin County Bar Foundation, a Fellow of the State Bar College and a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. Ms. Mackoy has also trained in mediation and collaborative law and currently serves frequently as a mediator in the Texas counties of Dallas, Denton and Collin.
Ms. Mackoy, in addition to being a member of the State Bar of Texas and The Missouri Bar, is a member of the Frisco Bar Association, and the Denton County Bar Association. In addition, she is a fellow and long standing member of The College of the State Bar of Texas a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and has been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Family Law
- 40%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Deborah Mackoy
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.hqattorneys.com/deborah-mackoy
- University of Texas, Dallas, B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1993
- Texas, 1996
- Admitted to practice before the United State Supreme Court in 2014, 2014
- Member, Frisco Bar Association
- Member, The Missouri Bar
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1997
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Missouri, 1997
- Member, Family Law Section, Denton County Bar Association
- Member and Fellow, The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Top 50 Women Attorneys in the State of Texas, Texas Monthly, 2020
- "Superb" Avvo rating
- Lifetime Fellow, Collin County Bench Bar Foundation Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished* rating
Last Updated: 5/15/2022