John J. Pfister, Jr.
Top rated family law attorney in Frisco, TexasPfister Family Law
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1992
John J. Pfister Jr. is a family law attorney and the founder of Pfister Family Law in Frisco, Texas. Mr. Pfister has several decades of legal experience handling divorce, child custody, stepparent adoption and other family law matters, representing clients throughout the greater Frisco area. He has experience at the trial and appellate levels and is always dedicated to obtaining the best possible outcome for his clients.
Mr. Pfister is board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, reflecting his many years of knowledge and experience serving family law clients in Texas. He understands that his clients are going through difficult times and that no two cases are alike. He treats his clients with compassion as he tailors his approach to each case depending on its unique circumstances and the client’s goals. He is a strong negotiator and powerful courtroom advocate when trial becomes necessary.
Recognized for his contributions to the Texas legal community, Mr. Pfister was named Collin County “Litigator of the Year” in 2011. He is a member of the Frisco Bar Association and the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. He has also served as a presenter for the Frisco Bar Mexico’s Continuing Legal Education Conference.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University, Mr. Pfister earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.friscolawfirm.com/about/john-j-pfister-jr-/
- , Super Lawyers, 2020
- , Collin County Litigator of the Year, 2011
- Included in the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2014 – 2019
- 2012 Litigator of the Year Award - Collin County Bar Association
- Frisco Bar Mexico CLE, Organizer/Presenter, 2010 – 2019
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, B.B.A., Major: Management Information Systems, 1989
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2003
- President, Frisco Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- Texas, 1992
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2003
- Was lead counsel in an appeal that was orally argued and won at the Texas Supreme Court case - In the Interest of R.R.K., a Child, No. 18-0273, 581 S.W. 3d 259 (Tex. 2019), 2019
Office location for John J. Pfister, Jr.
5300 Town and Country Blvd
Frisco, TX 75034
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007