Laura B. Roach
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Frisco, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011
Laura Roach joined McCathern as a partner in 2019, working in the firm’s family law practice from its office in Frisco, Texas. Her practice primarily focuses on mediation, but she also handles a select number of litigation cases as well.
Laura Roach’s philosophy on handling family law cases is to resolve the case as efficiently and as cost-effectively as possible. Having handled thousands of such cases, Laura understands and sympathizes with the emotional and financial cost of a divorce. She strives to balance the best interest of her client with the cost of continuing the fight. Her expertise at this balancing act has helped a multitude of clients get a good result at a reasonable cost.
As a partner at a successful law firm and a mother of three energetic and busy boys and the wife of a very energetic husband, Laura has little time to sit still. You can often hear her say, “You can rest when you’re dead.”
Laura has a knack for seeing the big picture, having little desire to focus on the minutia. Her focus on the big picture and her high energy let clients know they are in good hands when she is on their case. She has the necessary knowledge of the law, the ability to think outside the box, the confidence to calm fears and the sense of humor to provide a break from the stress of divorce. If Laura Roach is on your case, as your attorney or mediator, you are going to get the best attributes and professionalism you can find in an attorney.
Laura loves a challenge and that is why she was born to mediate family law cases. She is most satisfied when she settles a case when neither the lawyers or the parties believe there is no chance of settlement. She has mediated thousands of cases and has settled most of them.
Laura has been recognized as D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas in 2013, 2014, 2016-2019, and 2021 and as a Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyer from 2013 – 2021. In addition, Laura earned the remarkable achievement of being named to the 2021 Dallas/Fort Worth Top 100 Super Lawyers list and the 2021 Texas Top 50 Women Super Lawyers list. Additionally, Laura was named to: Best Lawyers – Family Law in 2022, “Plano’s Best Attorney” in Plano Profile magazine as far back as 2013, Top 21 to Lead Collin County into the 21st Century by Inside Collin County Business, and her favorite recognition, Texas PTA lifetime member.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011
About Laura B. Roach
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/laura-roach/
- BS - Political Science - University of Arizona, 1993
- Juris Doctor, St. Mary's University School of Law, 1996
- Co-author, along with her husband Judge John Roach, of the book "Divorce in Peace: Alternatives to War from a Judge and Lawyer"., Author, Divorce in Peace, Family Law, 2016
- In addition to being named a Texas Super Lawyers, Laura Roach was named to the 2021 Dallas/Fort Worth Top 100 Super Lawyers list and the 2021 Texas Top 50 Women Super Lawyers list., Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers 2020 by Super Lawyers magazine., Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) from 2013 - 2019, Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Named a to Best Lawyers in Dallas list by D Magazine from 2013 – 2019, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2019
- Named a Best Plano Attorney for 2013 by Local Profile Magazine of Plano, Texas., Best Plano Attorney, Local Profile Magazine, 2013
- 2011 Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2011
- Named one of the “21 Persons Leading Collin County into the 21st Century” by Inside Collin County Business, 21 Persons Leading Collin County into the 21st Century, Inside Collin County Business
Last Updated: 5/15/2022