Mark L. Scroggins
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Frisco, TX
Mark L. Scroggins is the managing partner at Scroggins Law Group, PLLC with offices in Frisco, Dallas, and Plano, Texas. With a practice dedicated to family law, Mr. Scroggins represents individuals, business owners, and others in matters involving divorce, child custody, complex property division, modifications, protective orders and other family law-related topics. His practice serves clients throughout Texas.
Mr. Scroggins has more than twenty-five years of experience in the area of family law. He received his undergradualte degree from the University of Texas at Austin and his law degree from the University of Tulsa College of Law. He has been licensed to practice law in the state of Texas since 1993 and is also board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Recognized for his accomplishments as an attorney, Mr. Scroggins has received a number of honors and awards. He has been named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters every year from 2014 to the present. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel named him to its list of the "Top One Percent". The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys named him to its list of the 10 best attorneys, as well. He has also been listed as one of the 10 best lawyers for women in the state of Texas by Vogue magazine. Most recently, Mr. Scroggins was invited to join the Texas Bar Foundation. Less than one-third of one percent of attorneys are Fellos in the Texas Bar Foundation.
Mr. Scroggins has authored a number of articles on family law topics for mass media publications such as the Dallas Morning News and the Texas Lawyer, as well as professional publications such as The Practical Lawyer. He is a member of the Collin County Bar Association, the Denton County Bar Association, the Dallas County Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. He also belongs to the Texas Family Law Foundation, a group devoted to enhancing family law practice in the state of Texas.
- 100%Family Law
Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Mark L. Scroggins
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.scrogginslawgroup.com/mark-l-scroggins
Pro bono/Community Service
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Collin County Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Denton County Bar Association
- Texas, 1993
- State Bar of Texas, State Bar College
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Top Lawyers For Women in Texas, Vogue Magazine, 2003
- Selected as a member of the Nation's Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Rated 10 Best by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys™, 2015
- Selected to the list of Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The Law of the Lawyer - Parenting Part Deux, The Practical Lawyer, 2013
- Helping a Family Law Client Achieve Their Goals, Strategies for Family Law in Texas (Inside the Minds) 2013
- Parenting Part Deux, Dallas Morning News, 2012
- Grandparents Rights in Texas, Jewish Community Center, 2013
- Expert Witnesses, Expert Witnessing, 2009
- Board Certified - Family Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation - less than 1/3 of 1% of all attorneys in the state of Texas are fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation., 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022