Paul A. Grinke
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Frisco, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
Paul A. Grinke is the managing partner of the Frisco, Texas office of McCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke. Mr. Grinke focuses his practice on commercial, construction defect, product liability, and fire litigation for clients throughout the United States. Mr. Grinke is a versatile litigator with more than a decade of experience both prosecuting and defending high profile, complex commercial and catastrophic event claims.
Acting as lead counsel defending the Dallas Cowboys Football Club, LTD and Cowboys Stadium LP in a death case where an independent contractor fell from a billboard on stadium property, Mr. Grinke recently obtained summary judgment dismissal of all Cowboys entities. Mr. Grinke also obtained summary judgment dismissal of all claims against Dallas Cowboys Football Club, LTD in a lawsuit brought in Pennsylvania federal court arising out of claims related to temporary seating issues during Super Bowl XLV. He is currently acting as lead counsel representing the National Football League in multiple lawsuits arising out of stadium activities across the country; As lead counsel representing an international manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders used on large farming equipment, Mr. Grinke obtained partial summary judgment dismissal of claims in a case where two individuals claimed debilitating injuries in a farming accident. The dismissal of most claims led to a settlement very favorable to the manufacturer. In 2013, Mr. Grinke was appointed to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee to act as one of the lead counsel on all lawsuits filed as a result of the catastrophic fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas by Judge Jim Meyer of the 170th District Court in McLennon County.
Mr. Grinke is a frequent author and lecturer for many organizations, teaching continuing education courses accredited by departments of insurance in many states across the country. He is a member of the Federal Bar Association, the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In 2017 and 2018, Mr. Grinke was named to the list of Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine for Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense). He was named by Super Lawyers to its list of Texas Rising Stars in 2010 and 2011 and has been named to its list of Texas Super Lawyers every year since 2013.
Mr. Grinke earned his bachelor's degree from Texas Tech University and his law degree from South Texas College of Law. He began his law practice in 2001 with international law firm Cozen O’Connor. Mr. Grinke is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas, and the United States 5th Court of Appeals. He is admitted to practice pro hac vice in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
About Paul A. Grinke
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/paul-a-grinke/
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Dallas Cowboys Football Club
- South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor's Degree
- Texas Super Lawyers 2013 - 2021, Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2011
- , Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2010
- Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense), D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2018
- Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense), D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017
- Business and Construction Litigation , D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2014
- Restaurant & Hospitality
Last Updated: 5/15/2022