Dana N. Zachry
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
An associate at Katten & Benson, Dana N. Zachry divides her practice between elder law matters and estate planning. The firm is based in Fort Worth, Texas, and she represents clients throughout Tarrant County and other parts of the greater metropolitan area. Ms. Zachry has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since November 2011.
In her elder law practice, Ms. Zachry provides advice and counsel to aging clients and their family members on a variety of topics. Her work in this regard has included Medicaid planning, and she helps them explore long-term care alternatives such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Ms. Zachry has also set up special needs trusts for people who have mental or physical disabilities, helping to ensure that they do not place their government assistance in jeopardy, and she has experience in guardianships as well.
Ms. Zachry has extensive experience in designing estate plans for people of all ages. She regularly prepares and reviews wills, financial and health care powers of attorney, advance medical directives, and irrevocable and living trusts, helping to ensure that each document accurately reflects the needs and objectives of each individual client.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Zachry attended Texas A&M University, where she majored in English and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2008. She then went on to pursue her legal education at what was then known as Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, and she was a member of the executive board of the Texas Wesleyan Law Review before being awarded her Juris Doctor in 2011. Ms. Zachry is a member of the Tarrant County Probate Bar Association and other professional groups.
About Dana N. Zachry
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.kbzlaw.com/attorney/zachry-dana-n/
- Executive Board of the Texas Wesleyan Law Review, Texas A&M University School of Law
- Probate 101 (Century 21)
- Elder Law Issues (Silverado Fort Worth)
- Preparing Your Estate Plan (joint presentation with Edward Jones)
- Panelist discussing elder abuse prevention at the Community Legal Fair (United Way / AARP)
- The Paper Trail – Documents Needed to Care for a Loved One with Dementia (Alzheimer’s Association Spring Symposium)
- Texas A&M University School of Law Alumni Board
- Named a 2008 Law Fellow
- Top Attorney in the field of Elder Law by 360 West Magazine, 2019
- Top Attorney in the field of Elder Law by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2019
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer Rising Star in the field of Elder Law 2019
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of the State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section Leadership Academy Class of 2018-2019
- State Bar of Texas, 2011
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Arts in English, May 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022