Top rated intellectual property attorney in Fort Worth, TexasD. Tiller Law PLLC
Practice Areas: Intellectual property, Business & corporate, Intellectual property litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2008
Education: Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
D. Tiller Law PLLC2501 Parkview Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76102 Visit website
Donald E. Tiller is an attorney at D. Tiller Law PLLC who focuses on legal matters related to patents, trademarks, trade secrets, contracts, copyrights, and intellectual property in general. He has worked throughout his career as an engineering-project manager and research scientist in a commerical research-and-development group, as a field engineer for an oilfield services company, and as a teaching and research assistant for a university.
Mr. Tiller has experience in technology creation and development and is a named inventor on several patents related to radiation detection and measurement in geophysical-imaging instruments (oil/gas well-logging technology). He has also published articles on diverse topics ranging from intellectual property to nuclear-physics research and applications.
Mr. Tiller earned a Bachelor of Science in physics, graduating with honors from the University of Saskatchewan, then moving on to earn a Master of Science in physics at the same school. Next attending Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), he earned his Juris Doctor in 2008. In 2018, Mr. Tiller completed a Master of Business Administration at the University of Texas at Dallas, with concentrations in entrepreneurship and finance.
Mr. Tiller works for clients throughout the United States and abroad on select matters. He represents clients in disputes, patent and trademark prosecution, and various business issues related to founding and building a business around intellectual property. He also provides neutral-assessment services related to disputes over technology and intellectual property.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Business/corporate, Intellectual property litigation, Technology transactions, Business litigation
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Contracts, Trade secret
- 30% Intellectual property
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
- 20% Technology transactions
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dtillerlawpllc.com/firm-overview/about-me/
- Texas Wesleyan Law Review, Editor in Chief, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Finished in Top 3% of Class, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Patent Attorney
- University of Saskatchewan, B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics, magnis cum hoboribus, 1991
- University of Saskatchewan, M.Sc. in Physics (thesis title: Photodisintegration Reactions on He-4), 1995
- University of Texas at Dallas, MBA (concentrations in entrepreneurship and finance), 2018
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), J.D., magna cum laude, 2008
Office location for Don Tiller
2501 Parkview Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Don is an amazing lawyer. He gives his all and then some for his clients. He is exceptionally well-versed in the law and his ability to recall it and think (and write) creatively both in preparation and in the moment are awe-inspiring.”