Edward R. Nelson III
Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2011
Attorney Edward R. Nelson III is a Director and founding Principal with Nelson Bumgardner Conroy PC. He works primarily from the firm's Fort Worth, Texas location, serving a diverse range of clients across the country. Mr. Nelson focuses his practice on representing the rights and interests of those who have complex, pressing legal challenges involving any of the following:
· Intellectual property litigation
· Complex commercial litigation and arbitration
· Antitrust litigation
A highly versatile attorney, Mr. Nelson has achieved notable success handling patent enforcement matters and portfolio-based litigation campaigns. Along with advocating on behalf of his clients in court as well as through negotiations and arbitration, he counsels his clients in order to develop the most effective licensing and enforcement strategies.
A 1993 magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Texas Christian University, Mr. Nelson attended The University of Texas School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1996. In addition to practicing before all state and U.S. District Courts in Texas, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the Eastern District of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and Federal Circuits, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Nationally recognized as one of the country's leading trial advocates, Mr. Nelson holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. Throughout the course of his career, he has received numerous honors and distinctions from his peers, as well as numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A leader in his field, Mr. Nelson is a Sustaining Life Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation and the Tarrant County Bar Foundation, and he maintains active involvement with the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, among his various professional affiliations.
Mr. Nelson also supports his local community through his involvement with the Fort Worth Country Day School (Keystone Council) and Texas Christian University (Chancellor’s Council), as well as his service as Chairman of Texas Christian University’s Clark Society Board of Directors and as an Executive Member of the University’s Big 3.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Edward R. Nelson III
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://nelbum.com/team/ed_nelson_iii/
- Named Texas Super Lawyer, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 (a Thomson Reuters service), Super Lawyers
- AV® Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated for Legal Ability and General Ethical Standards™
- Named Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 (a Thomson Reuters service)
- Named to 360West Magazine’s Top Attorney List, 2017
- Named to Fort Worth, Texas magazine’s Top Attorney List, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, and 2020
- Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
Other Outstanding Achievements
- See full profile at http://nelbum.com/team/ed_nelson_iii/
- Texas Christian University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Pro bono/Community Service
- Texas Christian University – Clark Society, Board of Directors, Chairman + Scholarship Chair
- Fort Worth Country Day School – Keystone Council
- Texas Christian University – Chancellor’s Council
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- State of Texas
- Jury Verdict in patent infringement action in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division. Further detail via the following link:http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/09/prweb13693097.htm , 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022