Jason B. Stephens
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Jason B. Stephens is the founder and owner of Stephens Law in Fort Worth, Texas. Nationally recognized as one of the leading trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Stephens provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout the greater Fort Worth metro area and all across the state who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his career handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Stephens has achieved a long record of success fighting for the rights and entitlements of those adversely affected by car and truck accidents, construction accidents, oil and gas accidents, and other preventable tragedies.
In April 2022, Jason Stephens obtained a $15.68 million verdict — the largest personal injury verdict in Grayson County history — on behalf of the family of a plumber who was fatally electrocuted on the job. This isn’t the first time Jason Stephens has won big on behalf of his clients. He has a proven track record of success and has recovered some of the largest verdicts in Texas and the U.S. He secured the fifth largest verdict in Texas in 2004 and the eighth largest verdict awarded in the state for a motor vehicle accident in 2012. Moreover, the National Law Journal recognized him for having secured the 47th largest jury verdict awarded in the United States in 2004. Combined, Mr. Stephens has recovered well in excess of $100+ Million dollars for his clients, earning his memberships in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums. Additionally, Mr. Stephens is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates--an invitation only association extended to trial lawyers who have demonstrated a high level of success and experience in the courtroom and who have high personal character and honorable reputation.
Among his other notable accolades, Mr. Stephens has earned perennial designation as a Top Attorney from Fort Worth Magazine as well as consistent Top 100 Trial Lawyers designations from The National Trial Lawyers. He also holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo as well as many 5 star testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1994 graduate of Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Mr. Stephens obtained his Master of Business Administration from Baylor University in 1997, and that same year, he obtained his Juris Doctor from Baylor University School of Law. A leader in his field, he has published articles and conducted continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Mr. Stephens has also maintained active involvement in his legal community, and he has served as president of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and has served as a board of director. Mr. Stephens is also a former officer in the U.S. Army Reserves and is active within his local community at large volunteering his time and resources to various charitable organizations including Big Brother Big Sisters and foundations supporting research for childhood cancer.
Mr. Stephens is also a fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation and member of the State Bar of Texas, the American Association for Justice and the Tarrant County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2004
About Jason B. Stephens
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.stephenslaw.com/about/
- $24,400,000 Verdict & Settlement involving the sexual abuse of 11 children by their pastor
- $15,681,000.00 Verdict involving electrocution of plumber and injury to 2 co-workers. The largest wrongful death or personal injury case in the history of Grayson County, Texas., 2022
- Won at Texas Supreme Court on mandamus proceeding filed by Defendants after Plaintiffs were successful at trial court in getting an alleged Responsible Third Party struck for lack of duty. See In Re Eagleridge Operating LLC, __ SW3d ___ (Tex., Mar. 11, 2022)., 2022
- $2,782,250 (after fees and expenses) Settlement involving head injury incurred on the job., 2021
- $2,789,570 (after fees & expenses) Settlement involving multiple fractures and related injuries from 18-wheeler accident., 2020
- $839,046 (after fees & expenses) Settlement involving leg injury from a pallet jack malfunction in warehouse., 2020
- Confidential settlement against the Nazarene national church, local church and regional university involving 5 children who were sexually abused by their children's pastor. Stephens forced the Nazarene national church to implement new policies and procedures to protect children throughout all of North America.
- $4,501,688 (after fees & expenses) Wrongful death settlement involving 18-wheeler , 2019
- $800,000 (after fees & expenses) Settlement for policy limits involving wrongful death auto accident, 2019
- $1,333,320 (after fees & expenses) Settlement involving wrongful death from car wreck, 2019
- $1,946,014 Settlement involving wrongful death claim from a defective product, 2018
- $575,469 Settlement for policy limits involving back injury from 18-wheeler wreck, 2018
- $1,011,330 (after fees & expenses) Settlement involving back and leg injury in workplace, 2018
- $801,562 Settlement for policy limits involving leg injury and broken arm in auto accident, 2018
- $683,179 (after fees & expenses) Settlement for policy limits from head on collision resulting in multiple injuries, 2018
- $1,020,826 - Settlement for back injury caused by car accident involving drunk driver, 2017
- $9,349,973 (after fees & expenses) Settlement involving brain injury from an electrocution, 2015
- $10,000,000 - Bad faith insurance settlement involving failure to defend and failure to settle claim
- $5,622,850 - Brain injury settlement involving an auto accident
- $975,299 - Settlement for back injury caused by collapse of trench at a construction site
- $2,900,000 - Verdict and settlement involving clergy abuse of a minor
- 5th Largest Verdict in Texas, as published by Texas Lawyer, 2004
- 47th Largest Verdict in United States, as published by American Law Journal, 2004
- $4,200,000 - Verdict and settlement involving abuse of a child
- $1,137,393 - Verdict for wrongful death and personal injury related to head-on collision, 2012
- All amounts stated herein are actual dollar amounts paid to the clients after the deduction of attorney fees and expenses.
- 8th Largest Motor Vehicle Verdict in Texas, as published by Texas Lawyer, 2012
- $2,500,000 - Settlement involving sexual abuse
- Representing everyday good folks in the community who have been wronged by the negligence or greed of others.
- Texas Supreme Court
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2019
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Past President and Director of Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Member, Board of Directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Pro bono/Community Service
- Served as Big Brother with Big Brother Big Sisters
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Baylor University, Masters of Business Administration, 1997
- Texas Christian University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management, 1994
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Licensed in Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado
- Speaker, Tarrant County Trial Lawyer Association CLE, 2018
- Adjunct Professor for Advanced Trial Advocacy, Baylor University School of Law.
- Speaker, Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, State Bar of Texas
- Speaker, Texas Trial Lawyer Association, CLE (Key West, Belize, Costa Rica)
- Texas Trial Lawyer CLE in Las Vegas (Topic: Handling Sexual Abuse Cases), Speaker, 2012
- Selected by peers to the Top Attorneys Worth Knowing in Tarrant County for the area of Personal Injury by 360 West Magazine (2018-present), Top Attorneys Worth Knowing - Personal Injury, 360 West Magazine, 2021
- "Best Lawyers in America®", 2016 - present, Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- "Top 100 Trial Lawyer" by The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2011-Present, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- Named as one of the "Top Fort Worth Lawyers" by Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2003-Present, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2021
- "Texas Super Lawyer®" by Thomson Reuters Service, 2004-Present, Thomson Reuters Service, 2021
- Won the 5th largest verdict in Texas in 2004 as acknowledged by Texas Lawyer
- 10.0 AVVO® Rating (Perfect) (2010-present), AVVO, 2021
- Served as an officer in the U.S. Army Reserves., Former Officer in the U.S. Army Reserves
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in all of Dallas/Fort Worth by Thomson Reuters, 2017 & 2018, 2018
- Lifetime Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Won the 8th largest motor vehicle verdict in Texas in 2012 as acknowledged by Texas Lawyer
- Considered One of the Nations Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers, by Lawdragon Publishing, 2005
- Won the 47th largest verdict nationally in 2004 as recognized by National Law Journal
- Selected to the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, ABOTA
- AV® Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- Represents good folks and their families affected by serious personal injury or wrongful death
- ✔️ Stephens Law truly listens to its clients and fights for them every step of the way. ✔️ Jason Stephens takes cl… https://t.co/WrVeSdRntQ
- Did your child recently suffer a blow to the head in an accident that sent him or her to a Fort Worth hospital? If… https://t.co/MGPCPVuAjI
- Let our experienced Fort Worth brain injury lawyer handle your case. By filing an injury claim or lawsuit, you may… https://t.co/jsqGLW9rDD
- Are you looking for personalized representation on a serious injury claim? 👨⚖ ➖ Attorney Jason Stephens understan… https://t.co/2Gao8a8xXf
- The Stockyards Championship Rodeo is held in the historic Cowtown Coliseum, home of the world’s first indoor rodeo.… https://t.co/g8vkS6oP2I
Last Updated: 5/15/2022