Top rated criminal defense attorney in Fort Worth, TexasHoeller McLaughlin PLLC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2011
Education: Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
Hoeller McLaughlin PLLC101 Summit Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76102 Visit website
Focusing her practice exclusively on criminal defense matters, Lindsay Truly is an attorney at Hoeller & McLaughlin PLLC where she heads up the firm's DWI and misdemeanor criminal defense division. From the firm's offices in Colleyville, Texas, she provides forceful and effective advocacy for clients throughout Tarrant County. Ms. Truly has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2011.
Ms. Truly's client base is primarily comprised of area residents who have been accused by the state of driving while intoxicated by alcohol, which, while usually a misdemeanor, can in some cases rise to the level of a felony charge. She has been able to obtain positive results in many of these cases, and one tactic that she has successfully used is to challenge the traffic stop itself as being made without the requisite reasonable suspicion that a crime was being committed. Ms. Truly has been able to obtain dismissals and acquittals for many of her clients, while, in other cases, she has negotiated favorable plea agreements with the prosecution. Her successful track record has earned her a "Very Good" peer review rating through Avvo.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Truly attended the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University, where she majored in entrepreneurship and received a Bachelor of Business Administration in 2007. She then pursued her legal education at what was then known as the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, and she was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2011. Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Truly served as a prosecutor with the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney's Office, where she handled more than 50 jury trials. Her professional memberships include the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bryanhoellerlaw.com/lindsay-truly-dwi-lawyer/
- Parker County DWI > 0.15 (2018): DWI > 0.15 reduced to an obstruction.
- Wise County Felony DWI Repetition (2018): DWI charged rejected by the DA’s office for insufficient evidence of DWI operation by Client.
- Johnson County DWI (2018): Negative Finding at ALR Hearing (License not suspended). DWI Dismissed.
- Tarrant County DWI Dismissed (2018): Defendant was accepted and completed the Veteran’s Court program.
- Tarrant County DWI (2018): Client was charged with DWI > 0.15 (B.A.C. over a 0.25). Result was a 1 day time served offer and minimum fine.
- Tarrant County Felony DWI (2018): Felony DWI reduced to misdemeanor. Client was a Military Veteran and took a very proactive approach to the case and getting the necessary treatment.
- Tarrant County DWI-Rep Dismissed (2018): DWI > 0.15 dismissed due to a technical legal problem (Statute of Limitations).
- Tarrant County DWI & UCW Dismissed after being set for trial (2019).
- Tarrant County DWI (2018). Negative Finding at ALR Hearing (License not suspended) due to issues with the legality of the traffic stop.
- Tarrant County DWI Jury Trial (2019) – Not Guilty by Jury (Immediately Eligible for Expunction)
- NOT GUILTY - DWI Trial, 2019
- CASE DISMISSED-Possession of Controlled Substance Under 1 gram-PG1, 2016
- GRAND JURY NO BILL- Possession of Controlled Substance Under 1gram-PG1, 5
- Texas District & County Attorneys Association, Member, 2012-2015
- Texas Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Current Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Current Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Current Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Current Member
- Member of the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Attorney's Association. , 2019
- Texas, November, 2011
- Represented Client in a DWI charge. We took the case to trial after the State refused to reduce the charge. The result was a Not Guilty. The case will be eligible for an expunction. , 2019
- , Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Selected in 2020 as a Super Lawyers Rising Star. , Rising Star, Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, 2020
- State Bar of Texas, Member in Good Standing, 2011-Present
- BBA-Business Entrepreneurship- Baylor University, 2007
- Texas A&M University School of Law, JD
Office location for Lindsay Truly
101 Summit Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023