For the past ten years, Preston's legal career has been diverse to say the least but has primarily focused on cases revolving around oil and gas, faulty products, complex business disputes, property tax litigation and commercial litigation. During this time period, he has represented a wide array of clients, from those affected by faulty hip implants, to commercial property owners disputing their ad valorem property taxes, to thousands of royalty owners asserting claims for underpayment of royalties against several of the largest producing oil and gas companies operating in the Barnett Shale.
Preston has worked in a small firm setting since becoming a lawyer in November of 2006, which has allowed him to provide personalized service and many opportunities to present his client's case to a jury. Preston understands the importance of staying in constant contact with the client to ensure the highest quality of service and that he has achieved the client's ultimate goal from litigation.
Since 2010, Preston has been recognized as a Top Attorney by Fort Worth, Texas magazine. He was also selected as a 2013 Texas Rising Star by Thomson Reuters as published in Super Lawyers magazine. In December of 2015 Preston was chosen as a Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers Association.
Preston was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana but has lived in Fort Worth since graduating law school. As a committed member of and contributor to the DFW community, Preston serves as an At-Large Member of the St. Mary’s Law Alumni Chapter in Dallas and has volunteered for Catholic Charities Outreach Program. He has served on the Board of Directors for the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association and has volunteered for the Tarrant County Back to School Roundup program. Preston has a young son that attends Tanglewood Elementary and enjoys playing baseball and soccer with him on the weekends.
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.pjdlawfirm.com/
- In 2009, I was the Treasurer of the St. Mary's Law Alumni Chapter in Dallas. I am still on the board of directors as an At-Large Member.
- I was a co-chair of the Solo Small Firm Committee of the Dallas Young Lawyers Association., 2008
- I served as a Board of Director for the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association from January 2010 through 2011.
- I am a member of the Tarranty County Young Lawyers Association, Tarrant County Bar Association, Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Dallas Young Lawyers Association, Dallas Bar Association, Texas State Bar, Eastern District of the United States Courts.
- Was nominated by my peers as a Fort Worth Top Attorney in the area of Personal Injury , 2010
- I participated in the Back to School Roundup in Fort Worth to help underprivileged individuals receive school supplies., 2010
- Fort Worth Top Attorney - Personal Injury , 2011
- Rising Stars: 2012, 2017 - 2020