Sharon E. Giraud
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
As a partner and founder of the Law Office of Sharon E. Giraud, PLLC, Sharon E. Giraud is dedicated to serving clients with estate planning needs. She now focuses her career on wills and estate planning, and probate cases for many families and individuals in Fort Worth and across Tarrant County.
After studying history at Texas Tech University, Ms. Giraud received her Bachelor of Arts in history and Russian studies from the University of South Carolina in 1974. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1977. She was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1977 and in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in 1979. She is also board-certified as a specialist in family law according to the Texas Bar of Legal Specialization.
After over a decade of serving clients with probate, estate planning, and wills, she became a founder and partner at the Law Office of Petrovich & Giraud in 1991. She formed the Law Office of Sharon E. Giraud, PLLC, in 2014.
Ms. Giraud was selected by the Board of Child Advocates of Tarrant County (CASA) as Attorney ad Litem of the Year in 1997. In 2007, she was named a Top Lawyer by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine. She is a member of the Tarrant County Bar Association and the Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association She has received a "Superb" rating through Avvo.
About Sharon E. Giraud
First Admitted: 1977, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.sharongiraudlaw.com/About/Sharon-E-Giraud.shtml
- Southwest High School, Fort Worth with honors, Received the Leonard Star Award, 1970
- University of South Carolina, BA in History with a cognate in Russian Studies, 1974
- Texas Tech University, Dean’s List
- Attorney ad Litem of the Year as voted on and selected by the Board of Child Advocates of Tarrant County (CASA), 1997
- Named among the Texas “Top Lawyers in 2007” by Fort Worth Texas magazine
- “Super Lawyer” every year since 2012
- ExParte C.Y. Smith, 692 S.W. 2d 518
- Brown v. State, 667 S.W. 2d 630, 692 S.W. 2d 497
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1979
- Tarrant County Women’s Bar
- Chairman, Tarrant County Bar Association Canned Food Drive, 2009
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas, 1977, 1977
- Board Certified as Specialist in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
Last Updated: 5/15/2022