Steven C. Laird
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Free Consultation
Fort Worth personal injury lawyer, Steven C. Laird, is 1 of only 11 Texas lawyers (at the time this was written) who is Board Certified in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. In fact, 2 of those 11 Texas lawyers work at the Law Offices of Steven C. Laird, P.C.
In 2017, Steve had the 2nd largest truck accident jury award in Texas. He delivers more than 35 years of legal expertise in truck wreck litigation and personal injury/wrongful death cases. Laird has been named to the Texas Super Lawyers Top 100 list since 2005 and is the only personal injury attorney in Fort Worth to do so. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2012.
Board Certified in both Personal Injury Trial Law & Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Laird is certified in Truck Accident Law and as a Civil Trial Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. This quadruple certification is rare, with fewer than one percent of all Texas lawyers earning the distinction. These combined certifications illustrate the education and experience provided by Laird and his firm.
Peer recognition for Laird’s excellence in the practice of law began early in his career. The Texas Young Lawyers Association selected him as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of Texas in 1988 from a pool of more than 20,000 eligible Texas lawyers. He also was chosen as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of Tarrant County that same year.
His zealous client advocacy and continued leadership in the legal community spurred Laird’s election as President of the Texas chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (TEX-ABOTA) in 2010. In his position with TEX-ABOTA, Laird led approximately 1,000 attorney members in their ongoing efforts to preserve the civil jury system. Attorneys from 14 Texas branches of the American Board of Trial Advocates comprise TEX-ABOTA, one of the largest chapters in the 6,400-member national organization.
Laird has been selected by his peers as an “Attorney of Influence” in the Fort Worth Business Press and has been recognized by the legal community as both the Top Personal Injury Attorney and Top Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tarrant County in a survey conducted by Fort Worth, Texas magazine since 2005. Laird is the past President and a charter member of the Eldon Mahon Chapter of the Fort Worth Inn of Court and served as President of the Fort Worth Chapter and the State Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates and as President of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association. He also has served as a Director of the Tarrant County Bar Association.
A recipient of The College of the State Bar of Texas’ “Professionalism Award,” Laird also has served as a member of the State Bar of Texas Referral Fee Task Force Committee and has chaired the State Bar of Texas Advertising Review Committee. He was a member of the Professional Ethics Committee appointed by the Supreme Court of Texas. Laird has been a Director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association for many years and has chaired numerous committees in that organization.
Laird is a member of the American Association for Justice, formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. He also is a Founding Member of the Academy of Trial Advocacy, a group of national attorneys representing plaintiffs who share information, ideas, and skills to attempt to achieve the best possible results for their clients.
At the national level, Laird is a frequent speaker on a variety of topics for legal and business conferences. In the pages of the Austin-American Statesman, Laird has championed the notion of judicial pay raises in Texas. Regional television news affiliates have interviewed him regarding increased speed limits approved for Texas highways.
Laird is a recipient of the United States Army Commendation Medal. He is married with three children.
Certificates and Credentials
- Top 100: 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2006 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2006 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2005 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2005 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2004 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2003 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers
About Steven C. Laird
First Admitted: 1980, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.texlawyers.com/law-firm/steven-c-laird/
- $4.3 MILLION ($4,364,250.00) RECOVERY TO CLIENT – TRUCK COLLISION INJURY – PARTIAL PARALYSIS : A wife and daughter asked for our representation for their husband and father who was in a collision with a water hauler tanker truck in Panola County that left him partially paralyzed. The investigation by our team of Fort Worth truck accident lawyers showed truck driver lied on his application, and that the trucking company was aware of the traffic dangers associated with their entrance. ($4.3 million ($4,364,250.28) client recovery on $7,700,000.00 settlement after fees of $3,080,000.00 and expenses of $255,749.72)
- $3.6 MILLION ($3,624,210.00) RECOVERY TO CLIENT –SAILBOAT ACCIDENT – ELECTRICAL SHOCK : We represented an engineer who was seriously injured by an electrical shock after a sailboat mast touched a live wire that was hanging over a cove. Our investigation showed that the electric company violated height regulations pertaining to power lines. ($3.6 million ($3,624,210.88) client recovery on $6,460,000.00 settlement after fees of $2,348,435.78 and expenses of $487,353.34)
- $3.4 MILLION ($3,421,444.00) RECOVERY TO CLIENTS – TRUCK COLLISION INJURIES – CLIENT 1- SPINE INJURY, SPLEEN LACERATION, BRAIN INJURY, CLIENT 2 -FOREARM FRACTURE, BRAIN INJURY : Our expert team of Fort Worth truck accident lawyers represented the driver and the passenger of a car that was hit by an 18-wheeler. ($3.4 million ($3,421,444.50) client’s recovery on $6,386,804.00 verdict after fees of $2,554,721.60 and expenses of $410,637.90)
- Steve Laird won the 3rd largest Truck Accident Jury Award in Texas in 2017.
- Laird earned the largest medical malpractice verdict in Lamar County history on behalf of the family of a man who died when a cleaning solution was injected into his body during a kidney dialysis procedure. Laird’s investigation uncovered insufficient safety procedures, improper training and negligence by a medical worker that led to his client’s death.
- In 2011, Laird earned a $1 million court judgment for the family of a man who died in a 2008 crash caused by a drunken driver.
- A former City of Dallas employee alleged wrongful termination against the city and retained The Law Offices of Steven C. Laird. The case marked the first time the City of Dallas was sued successfully outside of Dallas in a wrongful termination claim. The judgment resulted in one of the largest financial sanctions against the city in Texas history to be upheld on appeal.
- Laird helped the family of an infant who was catastrophically injured by a medical worker win what was the largest single patient medical malpractice verdict for actual damages in Tarrant County history. The award also represented the largest verdict for loss of parent-child relationship damages in Texas history at that time.
- Laird helped another family negotiate one of the largest single patient medical malpractice settlements for actual damages in Tarrant County history.
- American Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation - Charter Fellow & Past Director
- State Bar of Texas Professional Ethics Committee
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Founding member, Academy of Trial Advocacy
- Past Chair, State Bar of Texas Advertising Review Committee
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee
- Member, State Bar of Texas Referral Fee Task Force Committee
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Past President & Board of Directors
- 2010 President of the Texas Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (TEX-ABOTA).
- Member, American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Click here to watch our video series on consumer legal rights and what to do in the event of a personal injury.
- Laird earned his law degree from the South Texas College of Law in 1980.
- Laird earned a Master of Laws Degree in Trial Advocacy from Temple University Beasley School of Law.
Pro bono/Community Service
- United States Army Commendation Medal
- In addition to speaking at and sponsoring the 2018 Tarrant County Bench Bar Conference in Horseshoe Bay, Texas, Steve Lair was presented with the 2018 – Annual Tarrant County Bench Bar Big Heart Award for his extraordinary contributions to, support of, and mentoring for participants of the Bench Bar., Annual Tarrant county Bench Bar Big Heart Award, 2018
- Annual Big Heart Award, Tarrant County Bench Bar, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America for 2012-present
- Top Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tarrant County, Fort Worth, Texas magazine
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine has named Laird one of the Top Attorneys in Tarrant County, Texas, based on peer nominations.
- Professionalism Award, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2009
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of Tarrant County, Tarrant County Bar Association (1988)
- Top Personal Injury Attorney in Tarrant County, Texas Fort Worth, Texas magazine
- H.G. Wells Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award 2015, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of Texas, Texas Young Lawyers Association (1988)
- Attorney of Influence, Fort Worth Business Press
- Laird has appeared on the Texas Super Lawyers list, which is based on nominations sought from nearly 80,000 Texas lawyers, every year since 2003. He is among an elite group of lawyers who has appeared on the Texas Super Lawyers Top 100 list every year since 2005.
- We help people who are injured in auto accidents
- We help families when someone they love has died in an accident
- We help people who are injured by defective products
- We help people who are injured in construction site accidents
- We help people who are injured in truck collisions
Last Updated: 5/15/2022