Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Houston, TX
Amir Tavakkoli is the attorney behind the Houston, Texas, law firm of A.T. Law. Licensed to practice in Texas since 2014, he derives great pride in helping his clients navigate complex legal issues effectively and cost-efficiently. Over the years, he has successfully tried cases before judges and juries in matters involving:
· Family law: Divorce, child custody and support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, spousal support/alimony, paternity and juvenile law
· Personal injury: Auto accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, fire and burn injuries, and electrocution
· Criminal defense: Assault and battery, DUI/DWI, theft, fraud, burglary, expunctions, immigration crimes and drug offenses
· Estate planning: Probate, wills and trusts, and powers of attorney
After obtaining an Associate of Arts degree in science and liberal arts from Lone Star College in 2008, Mr. Tavakkoli graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and government from the University of Houston in 2011. He was a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society. He earned his Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from the Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law. He is fluent in English and Persian.
At the beginning of his legal career, Mr. Tavakkoli worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Judge Kyle Carter at the 125th Harris County Civil Courthouse, Texas. Furthermore, he has experience working with Garnet Fredrick Coleman of the Texas House of Representatives and Alexander N. Green, who served in Congress as the U.S. representative. He also functioned as a policy analyst at the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition and as a research assistant at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
A valuable contributor to his community, Mr. Tavakkoli volunteered his time and services with Habitat for Humanity and the St. Luke Hospital’s emergency room, providing emergency care for both adult and pediatric patients. He is a member of the Houston Bar Association and the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition.
- 60%Family Law
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Prosecution, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Amir Tavakkoli
First Admitted: 2014, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://atlawoffice.com/about-us/
- Mr. Tavakkoli is a published author and former US Congress/Texas House of Representatives staff member helping elected officials with writing and reviewing legislative updates, where he was honored by receiving a senate resolution for his work in the Texas government, making him well connected before stepping in the courtrooms. In his 8 years since practicing law and fighting for clients, he’s been recognized as a rising star by Texas Super Lawyers since 2020, selected by the Houstonia Magazine by getting a distinguished award of Houston’s top lawyers, certified in family law by Lead Counsel, elected as a top 10 family attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine, listed by Expertise as one of the best divorce lawyers in Houston, and elected as a Top 40 under 40 family lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers. He’s also received and maintained a perfect review rating in Google, Facebook, Justia, and Avvo., Expertise
- Lone Star Community College
- University of Houston with a double degree in Political Science and Sociology, Magna Cum Laude
- Found this letter today 🙌 https://t.co/t1xcNpC8Hf
- #courtday #divorce finalized after 1.5 years. Client couldn’t believe it was finished at last and she could finally… https://t.co/AdtYW9lpAA
- Call: 832-800-5590 Text: 281-624-5159 Email: [email protected] #texasdivorcelawyer #texasdivorce #divorcelaw… https://t.co/H8SMdwjhT5
Last Updated: 5/15/2022