Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
As founder of The Sher Law Firm, PLLC, Andrew Sher is committed to representing clients in Houston, Texas. He focuses his practice on handling matters such as plaintiff personal injury cases, product liability and environmental litigation.
In 1991, Mr. Sher received a Bachelor in Business Administration from The University of Texas at Austin. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 1993 from the University of Houston Law Center.
Early in his career, Mr. Sher gained invaluable litigation experience working for a civil trial law firm. Today, he uses the skills he gained there and his knowledge of the law to protect the rights of his clients, whether they have been victims of negligence or have spotted an environmental wrongdoing. From the initial consultation and through the appeals process, clients can expect to receive personalized and comprehensive representation. Mr. Sher has worked with people from all walks of life, including government entities, individuals, and public and private companies.
Over the course of his decades-long career, Mr. Sher has time and again obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for clients. For his achievements, he holds an Avvo "Superb" rating; he has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; and H-Texas Magazine included him in the list of its top lawyers.
Sharing his legal knowledge with others, Mr. Sher is a frequent guest speaker. A life fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, he is a member of the Fort Bend County Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Houston Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Trade Secret
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2009, 2011 - 2022
About Andrew Sher
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.sher-law.com/houston-attorney/
- Invited Speaker, concerning Private Property Rights and Surface and Groundwater Resources, First Annual Clear Gold Summit, State of Texas, September, 1999
- Member, American Bar Association
- Colorado, 1995
- U.S. District Courts, Northern District of Texas, 1996-2011
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Courts, Western District of Texas, 1996-2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2004
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Texas, 1996-2011
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Texas, 1996-2011
- Member, Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- The University of Texas, B.B.A. in Petroleum Land Management, 1991
- State of Colorado, Lincensed Attorney and Counselor at Law, 1995
- Andrew Sher has been inducted into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, LLC, 2018
- The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile.Why the Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney:There is no bias. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model, and all lawyers are evaluated on the same set of standards.The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. At Avvo, all lawyers are treated equally. We don’t play favorites, and attorneys can’t pay us to improve their ratings.It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. The model used to calculate the rating was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and many other legal professionals who deeply understand the work attorneys do. We created the Avvo Rating to reflect the type of information people have identified as important when looking to hire an attorney.It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on our rating. , 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating, Avvo, 2019
- NADC, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, NADC, 2019
- Best Law Firms In Texas and Best Lawyers in America.“Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.” Our lists of outstanding attorneys are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for inclusion in Best Lawyers, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain on the list for each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be included on our lists., Best Lawyers in America - Best Lawyers in Texas, U.S News & World Report, 2019
- Andrew Sher has been inducted into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, LLC, 2018
- One of Houston's Top Lawyers by H-Texas, Houston's Top Lawyers, H-Texas Magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell has recognized Andrew Sher of the Sher Law Firm with a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review RatingTM. He was given an “AV”rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and distinguished legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings evaluates lawyers based on the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary, including both those who are rated and those who are not. The first review to establish a lawyer’s rating usually occurs three years after his/her first admission to the Bar. Martindale-Hubbell conducts secure online Peer Review Ratings surveys of lawyers across multiple jurisdictions and geographic locations, in similar areas of practice as the lawyer being rated. Reviewers are instructed to assess their colleagues’ general ethical standards and legal ability in a specific area of practice., AV® Preeminent™* Peer Review Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell, 2019
- Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. Since Super Lawyers is intended to be used as an aid in selecting a lawyer, we limit the lawyer ratings to those who can be hired and retained by the public, i.e., lawyers in private practice and Legal Aid attorneys. The Super Lawyers patented selection process involves three basic steps: creation of the candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by the research department; and peer evaluation by practice area., Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Insurance company denied coverage under insurance policy for casualty loss caused by a fire to commercial tenant's business based on alleged failure to comply with a protective safeguard endorsement. Multi-million dollar confidential recovery, including extra-contractual damages and attorneys fees, recovered on behalf of insured commercial tenant., 2019
- Oilfield worker severely injured by 18-wheeler hot shot driver who failed to comply with job site safety restrictions on the use of mobile devices and failed to secure his load in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Confidential 7-figure settlement recovered for the victim., 2020
- 18-Wheeler caused collision resulting in the wrongful death of client's husband. Commercial driver violated Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations by using a mobile device to communicate with trucking company dispatch operator. Multi-million dollar confidential settlement for the family of the wrongful death victim., 2020
- Residential landowner's real property contaminated by polluted runoff from adjacent industrial facility causing severe damage to trees, groundwater and the market value of the property. Residential landowner recovered significantly more than the diminished value of the real property at issue through a confidential settlement., 2019
- Oilfield floor hands severely burned following an explosion ignited by the failure to properly ground and bond a vacuum truck used to pickup oil and produced water around the wellhead. Multi-million dollar confidential settlement obtained on behalf of two workers and their families., 2014
- Oilfield worker severely burned following flash fire / explosion on workover rig. Multi-million dollar confidential settlement recovery for victim and the victim's family., 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022