Anthony L. Laporte
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Certified as a specialist in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Anthony L. Laporte is a co-founder of Houston-based Hanszen Laporte. Providing representation to individuals and businesses throughout Texas, Anthony is a trial lawyer's trial lawyer. He has tried anything and everything in civil litigation (business conflicts, personal injury claims, wrongful death cases, etc.) in literally every forum (state district and county courts, federal district courts, probate courts, bankruptcy courts, and even family courts). And, when COVID shut down the jury court system, Anthony went and tried more than a dozen condemnation cases before Special Commissioner's Court. His successful track record in all of these endeavors as well as his high degree of ethics have earned Mr. Laporte the respect of his colleagues, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Majoring in accounting, Mr. Laporte attended Manhattan College, and he received a Bachelor of Science in 1987. After spending more than four years as a tax consultant with what then Deloitte Haskins & Sells and Price Waterhouse, he decided to pursue a legal education, and he enrolled at the University of Houston Law Center and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1993. Mr. Laporte and Kent Hanszen co-founded their current firm in September 2003. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. Mr. Laporte is a fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Anthony L. Laporte
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hanszenlaporte.com/Our-Team/Anthony-Laporte/
- Great American Insurance Co. v. The Contractor's Advantage. et al
- Texas Construction Systems v. Apollo Office Systems
- Gloria Hicks v. Bally Total Fitness
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- Former Senior Tax Consultant, PriceWaterhouse
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Super Lawyers, General Litigation
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- AV Preeminent, Martindale–Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Manhattan College, B.S., Major: Accounting, 1987
Last Updated: 5/15/2022