April A. Strahan
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019
April A. Strahan is a personal injury attorney based in Houston, Texas. A partner at The Ammons Law Firm, she represents clients throughout the Houston metropolitan area. Ms. Strahan has experience with cases involving catastrophic injury, product liability, wrongful death and other issues.
With more than a decade of experience, Ms. Strahan has resolved numerous personal injury cases through trial or settlement, and she has obtained major recoveries for her clients. In honor of her legal accomplishments, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys presented her with a “10 Best Attorneys in Texas” award multiple years in a row.
In 2001, Ms. Strahan graduated from the University of Houston with a bachelor’s degree. After graduation, she relocated to the Boston, Massachusetts, area and served as an assistant trial director for a jury consulting firm and managed a focus group facility. She returned to Texas to receive her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2006.
While attending law school, Ms. Strahan clerked for The Ammons Law Firm and interned for a First Court of Appeals judge in Houston. Upon law school graduation, she spent a year serving as a briefing attorney for a Texas Court of Criminal Appeals judge.
Active in professional organizations, Ms. Strahan belongs to the Houston Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Attorneys Information Exchange Group. She holds licenses to practice law before the state courts of Texas and California and the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western districts of Texas.
- 80%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019
About April A. Strahan
First Admitted: 2006
Professional Webpage: https://www.ammonslaw.com/attorney-profiles/april-strahan/
- Bachelor of Arts, 2001, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Prepare for Mediation With a Checklist (Good Counsel column), TRIAL (March 2016)
- Break Through Protective Orders, TRIAL (October 2018)
- Protecting Undocumented Clients, TRIAL (October 2017)
- Chris Wolfe & April A. Strahan, An Overview of the History of Foreign Legal Consultants Between the United States and Mexico, 47 S. Tex. L. Rev. 557 (2006)
- Taking on Toyota, TRIAL (Nov. 2010)
- April A. Strahan & Michael E. Keasler, Criminal Procedure: Confessions, Searches, and Seizures, 60 SMU L. Rev. 913 (2007)
- , 10 Best Attorneys in Texas Award for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars List from 2013 - 2019
- , Selected as a Texas Super Lawyer, 2020-2021
- State Bar of California, 2015
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG), Member of Board of Directors
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
Last Updated: 10/4/2022