Top rated products liability attorney in Houston, TexasThe Ammons Law Firm, LLP
Practice Areas: Products liability, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2006
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
The Ammons Law Firm, LLP3700 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006 Visit website
April A. Strahan is a personal injury attorney based in Houston, Texas. A partner at The Ammons Law Firm, she represents clients nationwide. Ms. Strahan has experience with cases involving catastrophic injury, product liability, wrongful death and other issues.
With over 15 years of experience, Ms. Strahan has resolved many personal injury cases through trial or settlement, and she has obtained major recoveries for her clients. In honor of her legal accomplishments, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys presented her with a “10 Best Attorneys in Texas” award multiple years in a row.
In 2001, Ms. Strahan graduated from the University of Houston with a bachelor’s degree. After graduation, she relocated to the Boston, Massachusetts, area and served as an assistant trial director for a jury consulting firm and managed a focus group facility. She returned to Texas to receive her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2006.
While attending law school, Ms. Strahan clerked for The Ammons Law Firm and interned for a First Court of Appeals judge in Houston. Upon law school graduation, she spent a year serving as a briefing attorney for a Texas Court of Criminal Appeals judge.
Active in professional organizations, Ms. Strahan belongs to the Houston Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and sits on the Board of the Attorneys Information Exchange Group. She holds licenses to practice law before the state courts of Texas and California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western districts of Texas.
Practice areasPersonal injury - products: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle defects, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 80% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.ammonslaw.com/attorney-profiles/april-strahan/
- Bachelor of Arts, 2001, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Prepare for Mediation With a Checklist (Good Counsel column), TRIAL (March 2016)
- Break Through Protective Orders, TRIAL (October 2018)
- Protecting Undocumented Clients, TRIAL (October 2017)
- Chris Wolfe & April A. Strahan, An Overview of the History of Foreign Legal Consultants Between the United States and Mexico, 47 S. Tex. L. Rev. 557 (2006)
- Taking on Toyota, TRIAL (Nov. 2010)
- April A. Strahan & Michael E. Keasler, Criminal Procedure: Confessions, Searches, and Seizures, 60 SMU L. Rev. 913 (2007)
- , 10 Best Attorneys in Texas Award for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars List from 2013 - 2019
- , Selected as a Texas Super Lawyer, 2020-2021
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- State Bar of California, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2022
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG), Member of Board of Directors
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Holcombe v. USA (Sutherland Springs Shooting), 2022
Office location for April Strahan
3700 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019