Top rated family law attorney in Houston, TexasMyres & Associates PLLC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2014
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Myres & Associates PLLCOne Greenway Plaza
Houston, TX 77046 Visit website
An associate attorney with Myres & Associates PLLC, Becca Weitz is passionate about helping the people of Houston, Texas, as they navigate complicated family law matters. Her experience extends to CPS issues, adoptions, paternity, enforcements, modification, divorces, high conflict custody disputes, parental rights, fighting parental alienation, guardianships, pre- and post-marital agreements and divorce. Along with family law, she also has experience in estate planning law and probate.
Admitted to practice in the state of Texas, Ms. Weitz is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. She graduated from Texas A&M University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts, then earned her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 2013.
With almost a decade of experience, Ms. Weitz has proven herself to be a compassionate, efficient, effective attorney who is determined to find the best result for the long-term. She is a member of the Family Law Section and the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, as well as the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Bar College and the Burta Rhoads Raborn Inn of Court.
While studying in law school, Ms. Weitz also completed her 40-hour basic training for mediation certification, and she has a knack for knowing when a negotiation is in the best interests of her clients. In 2014, she was made Attorney Ad Litem for the State Bar of Texas Minimum Continuing Legal Education, and she has published writings for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Houston Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2014, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.thehoustondivorcefirm.com/our-team/becca-weitz/
- Texas Recognition of Foreign Orders, IAFL Tokyo Symposium, 2018
- “I hate you, I hate you, I hate you: Parental alienation from a therapeutic and legal perspective,” Houston Associate of Marriage and Family Therapists, 2019
- Six Changes in Society that Greatly Impact Conflict in Family Law, AAML Kansas Chapter CLE Program, 2019
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Inns of Court
- Family Law Section of the Texas Bar
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar College Member
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Texas Bar
- United States District Courts, The Southern District of Texas
- Texas, 2014
- Texas A&M University, B.A., 2010
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021
Office location for Becca Weitz
One Greenway Plaza
Houston, TX 77046
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023