Brian K. Ayson
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
An attorney with Ayson Law Firm, Brian K. Ayson represents clients in Houston, Texas, in matters of criminal defense. These include sex offenses, expunction and nondisclosure, family violence, drug crimes, murder and manslaughter, personal injury and DWI. A former intern with the Nueces County District Attorney’s Office, he has a strong understanding of how both sides of the criminal system in Texas work and how to use that system to help his clients find a favorable result.
Admitted to practice in the state of Texas, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mr. Ayson is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and was named a Top Lawyer by H Texas Magazine.
At Texas Tech University, Mr. Ayson earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1995, and he then attended law school at Thurgood Marshall School of Law. In 2002, he graduated with his Juris Doctor, and for almost his entire career, he has focused on protecting the rights of those who have been accused of committing a crime, no matter how large or small. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Ayson is a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and has been named a Top Lawyer by Houstonia Magazine twice. In 2019, he was given a Clients’ Choice Award from Avvo, and in 2017, he was included in the list of Houston’s Top Lawyers created by H Texas Magazine.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Criminal Law, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Brian K. Ayson
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dwilawyerhouston.com/brian-k-ayson/
- Texas Tech University – BA (Bachelor of Arts), 1995
Pro bono/Community Service
- Performed pro bono divorce through Houston Volunteer Lawyers, 2013
- Presenter at 2019 CLE "We Make Champions" It Ain't Over Til its Over - Closing Arguments, presenter, Closing Arguments - It Aint Over til its Over, TCDLA, Criminal Defense Bar, 2019
- Selected to Modern Luxury Houston's annual Power Players list honoring local professionals., Power Players honoree, Modern Luxury Houston Magazine, 2021
- selected to the annual Top Lawyers list, Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2021
- Selected to annual Houston top lawyers, Houston's Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2017
- 2019 Client's Choice Award - Avvo, Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2019
- Houston's Top Lawyers 2016, Houston's Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine, 2016
- Selected to annual Top Lawyers, Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, 2018
- Selected to annual Top Lawyers, Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, 2019
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Designated Lawyer-Scientist by the American Chemical Society. This achievement is earned through participation in 160 hours of classroom and practical instruction on Forensic Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Drug DUI, and Solid Drugs. The designation is awarded upon completion of an exam at the end of the training. , 2021
- Licensed to practice in the Southern District of Texas, 2009
- Mid trial dismissal - DWI Second Offense Harris County, 2021
- Mid Trial dismissal - DWI in Harris County, 2021
- Not Guilty - DWI. December 2017 - Harris County, 2017
- Not Guilty - DWI first offense. Fort Bend County - April 2018., 2018
- Not Guilty - DWI first offense. Harris County October 2019., 2019
- Not Guilty - DWI first offense. Harris County March 2018, 2018
- Not guilty - DWI first offense. Harris County - December, 2019
- Member Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022