Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
Criminal defense attorney Cory Roth is the founder of Cory Roth Law Office, Houston, Texas. He has extensive experience defending clients against criminal charges of any magnitude, including DWI and DUI, assault, burglary, drug crimes, sex crimes, domestic violence and weapon crimes in the Greater Houston metro and the surrounding area.
With a strong belief in being client-centered and trial-ready to yield great results, Mr. Roth aims at not just representing his clients on their cases but fighting to change the legal system as well. He has a track record of getting hundreds of misdemeanor and felony dismissals, many grand jury no bills, several motions to suppress, 20-plus acquittals and myriad no probable cause findings. A knowledgeable and aggressive trial lawyer known for his prudent interrogation and persuasive storytelling, he genuinely cares about his clients and tailors his approach to fit their distinct needs.
In honor of his achievements, Mr. Roth was selected for inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Houston and Expertise.com’s Expertise Best Criminal Defense Attorneys in Houston. He is also the recipient of the Harris County Public Defender’s Office’s Gideon’s Promise Grant, the Avvo Clients’ Choice award and multiple 5-star Google reviews. He has expressed his views about toll road violations in the Texas Traffic Lawyers Association Annual CLE and about illegal searches: Body Cameras and the Fourth Amendment on the Truth and Justice with Vivian King show.
Mr. Roth is associated with the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, College of the State Bar of Texas and the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association. He is an avid and self-motivated learner who constantly upskills himself by pursuing as many continuing legal education courses as possible and through memberships with Gideon’s Promise and the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute training programs.
A native of Houston, Mr. Roth graduated from The University of Texas at Dallas, where he was the leading scorer of the soccer team a couple of times in the NCAA tournament. Also, he was a board member of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity and earned Academic All-Conference three times. Attorney Roth later went to Nova Southeastern University for his Juris Doctor. During his time at law school, he was twice on the dean’s list, took part in the Bedell Mock Trial Competition and received the Book Award for the highest grade in advanced trial advocacy.
- 100%Criminal Defense
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Cory Roth
First Admitted: 2013, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.attorneyroth.com/attorney-profile/cory-roth-esq/
- College of The State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houstonia Top Lawyers
- Gideon's Promise Class of 2014
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity
- I have represented clients from all walks of life.
- Not Guilty - Aggravated Robbery - Harris County Motion to Suppress Granted / In Trial Dismissal - Felon in Possession of a Firearm - Harris County Not Guilty - Solicitation of a Minor - Harris County 1st Degree Aggravated Kidnapping Reduced to Class B Attempted Unlawful Restraint Deferred - Harris County Not Guilty - Assault Family Member - Harris County Not Guilty - Possession of Dangerous Drugs - Brazoria County Not Guilty - Assault Family Member - Harris County Directed Verdict of Not Guilty - Interfering with an Emergency Call - Harris County Not Guilty - Possession of Marijuana - Harris County Hung Jury - Theft - Harris County Dismissed - Assault Strangulation - Harris County Dismissed - Theft - Harris County Dismissed - DWI - Harris County Dismissed - Possession of Controlled Substance - Harris County
- University of Texas at Dallas, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022