Courtney McMillan Lyssy
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Attorney Courtney McMillan Lyssy is a partner at Davis & Lyssy, LLP, in Houston, Texas. Ms. Lyssy handles matters involving fiduciary litigation, guardianship, mental health commitments, probate administration and trusts, serving clients, including individuals and corporate fiduciaries in Houston and throughout Harris County, Texas.
Ms. Lyssy has over a decade of civil litigation experience and has practiced in a diverse range of legal areas. Before practicing at Davis & Lyssy, LLP, she worked at a personal injury firm and the firm focused on guardianship and probate issues. Her varied background allows her to provide comprehensive, efficient and exceptional legal services to Texas residents and their families.
The National Trial Lawyers named Ms. Lyssy one of the “top 40 under 40” trial lawyers.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Lyssy stays active in her legal community and is committed to keeping up to date with current developments in the legal field. She is a member of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Attorneys in Tax and Probate, the Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association and the Phi Delta Phi international legal honor society.
After completing her undergraduate studies and earning a bachelor’s degree, Ms. Lyssy earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston. As a law student, she participated in the Langdell Scholar Program for contracts law and wrote for Currents: International Trade Law Journal. Following law school graduation, she passed the Texas bar examination and obtained her license to practice law. She is qualified to appear before all Texas state courts.
About Courtney McMillan Lyssy
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.lyssylaw.com/meet-courtney-mcmillan-lyssy
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate, Member
- South Texas College of Law, Currents International Trade Law Journal
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity
- South Texas College of Law, Langdell Scholar for Contracts Law
- Graduated Order of the Lytae
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer, Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2017
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2020
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer, Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Advanced Elder Law Course, Mock Guardianship Hearing: How and When to Put Your Ward on the Stand, 2014
Last Updated: 7/20/2022