Cristen D. Feldman
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Houston, TexasFeldman & Feldman
Practice Areas: General Litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 1999
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
The founder of his law firm based in Houston, Texas, Cristen D. Feldman brings his strong courtroom and negotiating skills to bear in his representation of clients throughout the metropolitan area. Handling a variety of matters, he has broad experience in litigation arising out of contract breaches, including agreements relating to the sale of goods, real estate, partnership dissolutions, employment, and insurance. He has also chaired or second chaired jury trials involving divorces and fraud. In one notable appellate decision, Mr. Feldman successfully defended a client who had been accused of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in a case involving substantial potential damages. He has also volunteered his legal services in cases involving state election law violations.
Before founding his firm in 2012, Mr. Feldman spent several years as an attorney with a well-known civil litigation and criminal defense firm, where he handled complex commercial cases. Prior to that, he gained experience with a plaintiff's litigation firm. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts, Mr. Feldman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Majoring in both English and political science, Mr. Feldman attended Tulane University in New Orleans and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1993. After obtaining a fellowship to study corruption in the Texas political system, he then pursued his legal education at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1999. A member of several legal organizations, Mr. Feldman has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1999, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.feldmanlaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Founder of Feldman Scholarship of the Friends of 440, Inc.
- Board of Trustees of the Friends of 440, Inc.
- Founding Director of Boca Raton Little League
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Workers’ Advocates
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Florida Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Inns of Court Foundation
- Member of the Million-Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- University of Miami, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1986
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2010