Top rated General Litigation attorney in Houston, TexasThe Lanier Law Firm
Practice Areas: General Litigation, Products Liability, Business Litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 1998
Education: St. Mary's University School of Law
The Lanier Law Firm10940 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N
Houston, TX 77064 Phone: 713-659-5200 Email: Dara Hegar Visit website
Dara Hegar is the Managing Attorney for the Lanier Law Firm. A Houston native, Ms. Hegar brought her expertise in complex litigation and trial coordination to firm in 1999. She represents clients in each of the firm’s practice areas with a focus on trial coordination in complex litigation matters. Ms. Hegar has represented clients and Fortune 500 companies from across the nation. While her proficiency spans across all of the firm’s practice areas, her specialty has been providing specific insight at trial that has resulted in many significant verdicts and settlements over the past 17 years.
Dara has been named to the list of Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters in 2018-2019, and to Texas Rising Stars seven times by Thomson Reuters, receiving the honor in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013. She also was named a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” in 2013 by The National Trial Lawyers, and earned recognition in the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions of The Best Lawyers in America.
Hegar is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Young Lawyers Association, Texas Senate Ladies Club, and she serves on the Board of Directors of The Association of Former Students at Texas A&M University.
Dara served as briefing attorney to the Honorable Richard H. Edelman at the Fourteenth Court of Appeals from 1998 through 1999, before joining the Lanier Law Firm.
First Admitted: 1998, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://lanierlawfirm.com/attorney/dara-hegar/
- She has played a key role in the firm’s courtroom victories for years, including the $253 million verdict in the nation’s first Vioxx trial.
- Earned a Master of Arts degree in International Relations and her law degree from St. Mary’s University, where she served with distinction as Associate Editor of the Law Journal in 1998
- Graduated, with honors, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Texas A&M University, 1995
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Board of Directors of The Association of Former Students at Texas A&M University
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Senate Ladies Club
- Dara Hegar is an active member of her church as well as the Christ Clinic of Katy, which provides medical services for the poor and indigent.
- Best Lawyers in America, Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation, 2017-2021, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2018-2020, 2020
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005, 2007 - 2009, 2011 - 2013