Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2017 - 2018
Fluent in Spanish as well as in English so as to better serve her clients, Denise Khoury is the founder of Guajardo Khoury Family Law. As the name of her firm implies, she focuses her practice on divorce and other family law matters from her office in Houston, Texas, representing clients throughout the greater metropolitan area, including Harris and Fort Bend counties.
A large portion of Ms. Khoury’s practice is devoted to the representation of clients who are going through a divorce or for whom the end of their marriage is imminent. She is trained and experienced in both meditation and collaborative law, and accordingly, she is often able to help her clients come to an agreement on such issues as property division, parenting responsibilities, and spousal and child support through the use of those alternative dispute resolution methods. However, in cases where that is not possible and settlement negotiations have also broken down, Ms. Khoury aggressively fights for their interests in court.
In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. Khoury also assists those of her clients whose marriages have already been dissolved by the court and who now want to have previously issued support or parenting orders enforced or modified. Other family law matters that she has worked on have included the preparation and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and she has handled cases involving paternity disputes and establishment. Held in high regard by her colleagues for the way that she has approached what are often sensitive matters, Ms. Khoury has received a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. She is a member of Collaborative Divorce Texas and several other professional organizations.
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2017 - 2018
About Denise Khoury
First Admitted: 2005, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.gkfamilylaw.com/our-principal
- College Of The State Bar, State Bar Of Texas - Family Sections, Houston Bar Association - Family Law Section (and former chair of the Collaborative Law Section), Collaborative Law Houston (CDH), formerly (CLI-TX), Collaborative Divorce Texas (CDT), and American Bar Association - Family Law Section, 10-year member of the Burta Rhoades Raborn Inn Of Court.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.; University of St. Thomas, undergraduate; Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart
- Collaborative Law, certified
- 10-year member of the Burta Rhoades Raborn Inn Of Court.
- and American Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (CDT)
- Collaborative Law Houston (CDH)
- College Of The State Bar
- formerly (CLI-TX)
- Houston Bar Association - Family Law Section (and former chair of the Collaborative Law Section)
- State Bar Of Texas - Family Sections
Last Updated: 5/15/2022