E Michelle Bohreer
Top rated business litigation attorney in Houston, TexasBohreer Law Firm PLLC
E. Michelle Bohreer is an employment law attorney in Houston, Texas, with over three decades of experience. Ms. Bohreer is the founder of the Bohreer Law Firm and represents employers throughout the Houston metropolitan area.
A certified public accountant and experienced litigator, Ms. Bohreer handles all types of employment law matters, including those involving audits, contract disputes, discrimination, EEOC charges, hiring, noncompete agreements, retaliatory discharge, securities fraud and termination. She also guides clients through challenging situations such as business fraud, business restructuring and due diligence matters.
Over the years, Ms. Bohreer has successfully litigated numerous jury and bench trials. In recognition of her achievements, Martindale-Hubbell awarded her their highest possible rating of AV Preeminent*, reflecting outstanding legal capability and high ethical standards.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Bohreer regularly provides training to her clients on updates to state and federal employment laws. She authors articles on employment law topics for publications such as the Houston Business Journal and speaks at conferences and continuing legal education seminars.
Ms. Bohreer has served as president of the Rotary Club of Houston, assistant district governor for District 5890 and belongs to the Rotary Club of Houston Skyline. She will serve as Governor of Rotary District 5890 in 2021-2022. Ms. Bohreer also chairs the board of directors of National Senior Campuses, Inc., the largest provider of senior housing in the country.
Ms. Bohreer graduated magna cum laude from the University of Houston, where she majored in accounting. She earned her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center, graduating cum laude. In addition to being a lawyer, she is a certified public accountant. She holds licenses to practice law in Texas and Colorado.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Employment & labor: employer
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law
- 40% Business litigation
- 40% Employment litigation: defense
- 20% Employment & labor: employer
First Admitted: 1990, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://bohreerlaw.com/e-michelle-bohreer/
- Business and Community Organizations: 2019-Current National Senior Campuses, Inc., Chair of the Board of Directors, Western Regional Director 2011-2014; Board of Directors, KnowAutism Foundation 2016 to current, Governance Sub-Committee, National Senior Campuses, Inc.; Leadership Council; Gulf Coast Region of the American Cancer Society Chair of the Development Council, American Cancer Society 2008 - National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, Tejas Chapter – Community Service Award 2005 - American Cancer Society Shining Star Award (Volunteer of the Year) ROTARY DISTRICT 5890 Rotarian of the Year 2012-2013, Rotary 2012 – present: Rotary Club of Houston Skyline 2010-2012 Assistant Governor, Rotary District 5890 2008-2010, District Governor 2021-2022, Rotary Club of Houston, President 37th Rotary Lombardi Award, Chair District Be A Friend Dinner Chair District Conference Committee Sponsorship Chair District Conference Committee Sponsorship Co-Chair for Kids’ Activities All Club Chair for DGE Chris Schneider and DGN Bob Gebhard Paul Harris Fellow Paul Harris Society Polio Plus Society Major Donor Bequest Society (Level 2)
- Certified Public Accountant
- AVDA, Houston Chapter – Diversity and Sexual Harassment, 2013
- Illegal Harassment in the Workplace, 2014
- Discrimination and Illegal Harassment in the Workplace, 2017
- Retaliation Avoidance, 2016
- It’s Really Not Funny, It’s Illegal – Sexual Harassment and Discrimination, 2016
- Texas Association of Appraisal Districts Conference – Hot Topics in Employment Law, 2017
- Texas Paralegal Division, District 1, Hot Topics in Employment Law, 2017
- Texas Rural Chief Appraisers Conference – Hot Topics, 2017
- The Things Your Mother Taught You That You Somehow Forgot, 2019
- Job Accommodations and the Interactive Process, 2018
- Discrimination and Illegal Harassment in the Workplace, 2018
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment, 2018
- Texas Rural Chief Appraisers Conference – Yeah! Someone applied for the Job, 2018
- Employee Counseling and Discipline, Tips and Strategies for Managers, 2019
- Family Law on the Front Lines: Business Entities from a Family Law Perspective Death of the At-Will Doctrine – Hiring & Firing in the ‘90’s Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Following the Decisions of the U.S.Supreme Court This Summer; The United States Supreme Court: Do You Know What They Did Last Summer? … And Are You Prepared? 10 Steps for Surviving a Sexual Harassment Complaint (co-author with Todd J. Zucker) Corporate America Looks to the Courtroom for Guidance; Discharge Strategies Designed with Possible Litigation in Mind Discrimination in the Workplace The Road to Diversity Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Hiring, Firing and Everything in Between Company Philosophy: Treat Everyone With Respect and Dignity Focusing on the Job Being Performed The MANY ways to end up Before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Worse . . . The Judge Let’s Play: Who knows the Company’s policies? Racial Harassment Social Media on the Hiring Process: Prizes and Pitfalls Texas Lawyer, Avoid Common Mistakes When Terminating Employees, May 28, 2007, Texas Lawyer, Five Mistakes Managers Make When Terminating Employees, May 1, 2006 Retail Law Strategist, Landlord Discrimination, Feb. 2006 National Association of Women Business Owners - Houston Chapter, Employment Urban Legends, Fact or Fiction?, Aug. 26, 2005, Briar Club Houston Business Journal, Case Decision Turns Up Heat on Office Romances, Aug. 5, 2005 (featuring commentary by Michelle Bohreer) KUHF-FM, Employer's Obligations to Returning Soldiers, May 18, 2005 (radio broadcast featuring commentary by Michelle Bohreer) New York Times, The Childless Need Weekends, Too, May 15, 2005 (featuring commentary by Michelle Bohreer) Houston Business Journal, Firing a Pregnant Employee: Just Treat Her Like Everybody Else, Apr. 29, 2005 KPRC-TV, Office Romances, Apr. 28, 2005 (television broadcast featuring commentary by Michelle Bohreer) Lawyers Weekly USA, Employers Seek Shield from Cupid's Arrow, Mar. 28, 2005 (featuring commentary by Michelle Bohreer)New England In-House (April 2005) Texas Lawyer, Ode to the Workplace Valentine: Lovelorn Lawyers' Actions Can Lead to Litigation, Feb. 14, 2005, Private Providers Association of Texas, The Disgruntled Employee: What to do with Her, How to do it, When to Take Action and How to Handle the Fallout, Oct. 14, 2004, Lakeway Resort, Austin, Texas (authored and presented by Michelle Bohreer) CLE International, Practical Applications of Employment Law; Sex, Race and Other Harassment in the Workplace and Terminating Employees, May 19, 2004, Renaissance Hotel, Houston, Texas (authored and presented by Michelle Bohreer) Houston Business Journal - Business Survival Guide, What Should a Company Do When and OSHA Inspector Shows Up?, May 7, 2004, Houston Business Journal, New Rule will Shift Attorney Costs, Encouraging Lawyers to Settle Faster, Feb. 9, 2004
- Texas Rural Chief Appraisers Conference – Sexual Harassment Training in the “Me Too” Era, 2019
- Texas Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine, 2004-2019
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- AVVO Rating 10/10 SUPERB!
- Colorado, 1997
- Texas, 1990
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D. cum laude (12/89), 1990 Honors and Activities: Order of the Coif, Order of the Barrons Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Research, The Advocates 1988 James J. Hippard Mock Trial Competition (First Place- Novice Division) 1988-1989 UH Interscholastic Mock Trial Team 1989 Newell Blakely Moot Court Completion (Quarter Finalist) 1988 ABA Client Counseling Team University of Houston- B.B.A, magna cum laude, Accounting (12/84), 1986
Office location for E Michelle Bohreer
109 N Post Oak Ln
Houston, TX 77024
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2019