Gilbert J. Alvarado
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Houston, TexasLaw Offices of Gilbert J. Alvarado
Attorney Gilbert J. Alvarado founded his Houston law firm, Gilbert J Alvarado Law Offices, in order to use his three decades of legal experience to protect the rights of accused individuals living in Texas' Gulf Coast region. Since founding his own firm, Mr. Alvarado has continued to prove he is among the country's leading criminal defense lawyers, and his excellent reputation leads countless clients to seek his assistance when facing a variety of charges, including the following:
• Driving while intoxicated
• Drug offenses
• White collar crimes
Mr. Alvarado began practicing law in 1985 after earning his law degree from University of Houston Law Center and his admission to the State Bar of Texas. He began his career with the Harris County District Attorney's Office as an assistant district attorney. After 17 years as a prosecutor, he decided to go into private practice as a criminal defense attorney. Today, nearly 15 years later, he has a reputation as one Texas' most talented trial attorneys.
In fact, Mr. Alvarado's excellent reputation has earned him a number of honors and awards. He has a "Superb" rating from Avvo, and he has received a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished peer-review rating*. In addition, H Texas magazine has included him on its list of Houston's top attorneys, as has Houstonia magazine.
When attorney Alvarado is not in the courtroom, he is often found at legal events. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Houston Bar Association and the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Probation, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 40% Criminal Defense
- 50% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.galvaradolaw.com/attorney/gilbert-j-alvarado/
- United States Air Force Academy, 1973
- University of Houston, B.A., Economics, 1979
- President, University of Houston Law Center Alumni Association, 1996
- Chairman, State Bar of Texas Crime Victims Committee , 1991
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2001
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Lawyers For The People, H Texas Magazine, 2004
- Recognized as one of Houston's Top Criminal Defense Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, 2014
- President's Award, Presented by the President of University of Houston Law Center Alumni Association , 1999
- Outstanding Lawyer, Highest Rating 10.0, AVVO
Office location for Gilbert J. Alvarado
The Lyric Centre
440 Louisiana Street, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023