Gregory S. Baumgartner
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
The founder of the Baumgartner Law Firm, Gregory S. Baumgartner, focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation from his offices in Houston, Texas. He was board certified as a specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1990, and he has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 1984. Mr. Baumgartner is additionally admitted to practice law in Colorado.
Mr. Baumgartner devotes his practice to the representation of people throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area and across the state who have incurred serious injuries or who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of other persons or entities. The cases that he has handled have stemmed from truck and other motor vehicle crashes, day care abuse, construction site and other workplace accidents, premises liability, burn injuries, pleasure boat accidents, drownings, maritime injuries and defective products.
Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Baumgartner has been able to recover millions of dollars in compensation for his plaintiff clients through both jury awards at the conclusion of trials and settlements that he has negotiated with defendants and their liability insurance carriers. Some of his representative results have included a $5.75 million wrongful death award after a fatal truck accident and a $5 million settlement after a motor vehicle crash that resulted in his client sustaining a serious spinal cord injury. These and other successes have earned Mr. Baumgartner a great deal of acclaim from his colleagues. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell and also holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo. A graduate of the University of Nebraska College of Law and the holder of an LL.M. degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, he is active in several local charitable organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Everything You Need to Know About Hot Water Scalding Burns on Children (2019) - Overview of hot water burns on children.
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim without a Lawyer (2021) - Article covering how to settle your auto injury case without an attorney.
- How to Value Your Car if it is a Total Loss (2020) - Step by step guide for settling your property damage claim when your car is totaled!
- The Full Cost of a DWI - What a DWI actually costs.
About Gregory S. Baumgartner
First Admitted: 1983, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://baumgartnerlawyers.com/profile/
- Overview of the process of opening a personal injury claim, Texas Claims Handling Process, Consumers
- About the Baumgartner Law Firm., About Baumgartner Law Firm, Consumers
- Summary of Daycare accidents and claims., About Daycare Accidents, Consumers
- , Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
- Overview of exemplary damages in Texas., Punitive Damages In Texas, Consumers
- American Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar
- American Trial Lawyers Association (AAJ)
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association., 2019
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
- Director- North West Houston Bar Association, 1986
- Texas Bar Association, 1984
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1982
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2018
- Trial Lawyers College Graduate
- Million Dollar Advocates (Less Than 1% Of All Attorneys)
- Featured in Newsweek — (Best Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Highest Peer Review Rating — Martindale (Perfect 5.0)
- Highest Client Rating — Martindale (Perfect 5.0)
- 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2018
- Lead Counsel Rated, Lead Counsel Rated, Lead Counsel
- Two Time Recipient, Who's Who, Who's Who
- 10 out of 10 Rating, AVVO, 2018
- Best Car Accident Lawyers in Houston., Best Car Accident Lawyers in Houston, Expertise, 2020
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell, Martindale Hubbell AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2018
- Client Rated, Client Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2017
- Houston Top Lawyer, Houstonia, Houston Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2019
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Top 100 Trail Attorneys, National Trial Attorneys, 2019
- Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 Peer Review Rated since 2003., Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubble, Martindale Hubble, 2017
- Continuously Rated Since 2000, AV Rated Martindale Hubbell, Martindale Hubbell, 2000
- Awarded for professional recognition for the top 10% Of Americas professionals., America' Most Honored Professionals, The American Registry, 2019
- Perfect 10 rating, AVVO 10 out of 10, Avvo, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ms- Society- Top Fundraiser
- Lifetime Member Houston 100 Club
- Mentoring young men without a father figure actively involved in their lives.
- Construction Accident- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement
- Injury to child $6,000,000 settlement prior to trial, 2020
- Product Liability- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement.
- Auto Accident- Back Surgery- Confidential Settlement.
- Nonsubscriber- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement.
- Product Liability- Tire- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement.
- Product Defect- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement with Manufacturer and Others.
- Construction Accident - Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement.
- Daycare Injury- Confidential Settlement
- Dram Shop- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement
- Auto Defective Design- Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement with the manufacturer and others.
- Wrongful death- Client netted $3,200,000., 2015
- Commercial Vehicle Accident - Ankle Injury- Confidential Settlement, 2018
- Trucking Accident- Neck Injury Confidential Settlement
- Truck Accident Wrongful Death- Confidential Settlement
- Injury- Client netted $4,300,000., 2020
- Wrongful Death- Client netted $1,500,000., 2019
- 18 Wheeler accident - head injury $3,740,000 (legal fee $1.700,000 and expenses $109,000)
- Wrongful death- Client netted $1,800,000., 2019
- Truck wreck- Spine Injury $5,000,000 (legal fee $2,000,000 and expenses $140,000)
- Truck accident / Wrongful death - $5,750,000 (Legal fee $2.300,000 and expenses $250,000)
- The University of Nebraska- Lincoln B.S. Business., 1978
- Master of Laws (L.L.M.) - University of Denver, 1983
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Graduate Trial Lawyers College, 1998
- Board Certification, Texas Board of Legal Specialization., 1990
- Graduate Trial Lawyers College., 1998
- LLM -Law University of Denver, 1983
- Trial technology options for attorneys, Speaker, Courtroom Technology, HTLA, Lawyers, 2017
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Truck Accident Investigation | @scoopit https://t.co/Ol3aVQu9U9
- Houston and traffic jambs are like peanut butter and jelly! https://t.co/crlKeqEZHH https://t.co/2vy315sqz3
- https://t.co/4juU0npfC2 https://t.co/Qokd4NuNUK
- Why do some injury cases take longer to settle? https://t.co/VHSG9n8Tpz https://t.co/1lf2Tx5lwj
- Experience matters when a commercial vehicle accident is involved. https://t.co/xac2xwBJi0 https://t.co/5lrSksbqCE
Last Updated: 5/15/2022