Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015
- Free Consultation
Attorney Ian Hernandez is founder and partner with Hernandez Sunosky, LLP, law firm in Houston, Texas. Board-certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and possessing more than 17 years of total legal experience, Mr. Hernandez strives to provide the highest level of advocacy and support possible to clients throughout Houston and surrounding areas who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Prior to focusing on plaintiff injury cases, Mr. Hernandez worked as an insurance defense attorney for several years, so he understands the tactics insurance providers use to reduce or deny claims. From this experience, he gained invaluable insight into the industry, which he uses to devise the most effective strategies possible to help his clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve.
As an attorney, Mr. Hernandez fully understands the struggles and challenges his clients are facing at a very difficult time in their lives, and he delivers highly compassionate counsel with the utmost respect and integrity while aggressively pursuing the most favorable outcomes possible on their behalf. Fluent in Spanish, he is able to directly communicate with a broad client base, and he has earned numerous awards and honors for his outstanding professionalism and service.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Hernandez earned designation as a Top Civil Defense Litigator from America's Top 100 Attorneys along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received "Excellent" client ratings on Avvo, as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Notre Dame, Mr. Hernandez obtained his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 2002. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and he maintains active involvement with the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Houston Hispanic and Mexican American Bar Associations, as well as the Houston Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Personal Injury Trial Law
About Ian Hernandez
First Admitted: 2002, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hrslawyers.com/ian-hernandez
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Houston Hispanic Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association- Houston
- Texas State Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2018
- University of Notre Dame, 1997
- Board Certified- Texas Board of Legal Specialization- Person Injury Trial Law, 2010
- , Super Lawyer, Thompson Reuters, 2021
- Selected as a 2015 "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, Rising Stars- Thompson Reuters, 2015
- America's Top 100 Civil Defense Litigator
Last Updated: 5/15/2022