Jacqueline A. Armstrong
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Houston, TexasArmstrong and Associates, P.C.
Primarily an employment litigation attorney, Jacqueline A. Armstrong is the owner of the Texas-based firm Armstrong & Associates in Houston. Competitively litigating cases for more than three decades, she represents her clients with matters involving sexual harassment, wrongful termination, contracts and noncompete issues, and wage and hour cases.
Receiving her undergraduate degree from The University of Texas at Austin in 1981, Ms. Armstrong majored in political science and history. Later, she attended the South Texas College of Law Houston and obtained her doctorate in jurisprudence in 1987. She was a member of the moot court and gained immense trial experience during her last year at the university with a temporary trial card.
Ms. Armstrong worked as an associate attorney at a few firms, including a startup, before she established her legal firm. Employment-related disputes can be lengthy and time-consuming at times, and she promptly works to make the best out of the time and case for her clients.
An experienced and seasoned litigator, Ms. Armstrong takes the time to listen to every single client and develop a well-suited solution for them. She works tenaciously to protect her clients from getting exploited and strives to obtain the compensation that is due.
A notable member of the Lawyers of Distinction, Ms. Armstrong’s firm was named the Best Employment Law Firm in the Greater Houston Area by New World Report's Legal Elite Award. She is rated 9.9 on 10 on Avvo.
At present, Ms. Armstrong is a member of the board at the Houston National Employment Lawyers Association and the Houston Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Law Section. She is also a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Texas Employment Lawyers Association.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Employment discrimination, Retaliation, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment
- 70% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 1988, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.armstrongatlaw.com/attorney/armstrong-jacqueline...
- Armstrong & Associates provides a minimum of 100 hours of pro bono work per year.
- Board Member, National Employment Lawyers' Association - Houston Section
- Member of the Houston Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, 2010
- Member of the Texas Employment Lawyer's Association Legislative Committee and Public Relations Committee. , 2021
- Member of the National Employment Lawyer Association (NELA) and Texas Employment Lawyer Assocaition (TELA)
- Graduated from University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History., 1981
- Young Professionals of the Society of Professional Engineers, Speaker, Employment Law Intersecting with Employment Relationships, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Oil & Gas, 2020
- In 2021, the Texas Legislature made significant changes to the law on sexual harassment. Now employers with only one employee can be held accountable for sexual harassment and employees have 300 days to report harassment to the EEOC or TWCCRD., Speaker, Speaker on Sexual Harassment Updates to Texas Law, 2022
- Asked to speak at Founders Anniversary on Me Too Movement., Speaker, Me Too Movement, Women's Association of Greater Heights, Houston, Variety, 2018
- In wake of mass layoffs from recent downturn in industry, Jacqueline Armstrong asked to address issues confronting oil and gas professionals in Reduction in Force context., Speaker, Careers in Transition, Petroleum Engineers, Oil & Gas, 2017
- Armstrong & Associates representing C-Suite Executives in employment contract and severance negotiations, oil & gas, and medical professionals. Working as hard for shop floor workers. As well Armstrong & Associates will consult with small companies to ensure that they are in compliance with employment laws and providing their employees with a safe workplace, free of discrimination and retaliation. , 2022
- Settlements in excess of $1M, 2022
- Oil And Gas
Office location for Jacqueline A. Armstrong
440 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022