Jarrett L. Ellzey
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Houston, TexasEllzey & Associates, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Class Action & Mass Torts, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2003
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Ellzey & Associates, PLLC1105 Milford St
Houston, TX 77006 Visit website
A partner at the Houston, Texas, law firm of Ellzey & Associates, PLLC, attorney Jarrett L. Ellzey serves clients throughout Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is licensed in Texas for nearly two decades and is also authorized to appear in the state courts of New Mexico, the federal courts of Texas, Colorado and New Mexico, the United States Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
As kind as he is assertive, Mr. Ellzey represents the rights of those who are suffering as a result of personal injury, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, employment law issues, labor disputes, whistleblower and qui tam actions and more. He has also been successful in handling consumer class actions and labor law matters across Oklahoma, Mississippi, California, Florida, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Oregon.
Formerly an insurance defense attorney at a giant Texas law firm, Mr. Ellzey brings to bear his lessons and experiences from his time there to now exclusively fight for the rights of plaintiffs. Having litigated hundreds of cases, he has obtained many eight-figure settlements that made history in the courts of Texas. In less than five years, he was able to procure over $23 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, which includes a $5.4M verdict for a homeowner against Wells Fargo Bank.
As a result of his professionalism, dedication and accomplishments, Mr. Ellzey was rated “Very Good” through Avvo and named “Litigator of the Year” by Texas Lawyer Magazine. He earned his inclusion into the Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame and the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Born in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Ellzey obtained a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in finance from Texas Tech University in 2000 followed by his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2003.
A fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, Mr. Ellzey is a proud member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee, Health Care, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Class Actions, Employment Law - Employee, Health & Health Care Law, Labor Law, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 20% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Health Care
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.ellzeylaw.com/attorneys/attorney-jarrett-lee-ell...
- Texas Super Lawyer, 2014 - 2022
- Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2013
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow (Only 1/3 of 1% of all members of the State Bar of Texas are selected)
- Texas Lawyer Magazine, Litigator of the Week, September 16, 2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Less than 1% of practicing attorneys)
- Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame, Honoree
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, 2000
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States District Court North District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Western District of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- New Mexico
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
Office location for Jarrett L. Ellzey
1105 Milford St
Houston, TX 77006
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2018, 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013