Jennifer O'Brien Stogner
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Houston, TexasAbraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner
Attorney Jennifer O’Brien Stogner serves of counsel with Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner law firm in Houston, Texas. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 17 years of legal experience, Mrs. Stogner devotes her practice to advocating on behalf of individuals and families throughout Houston and all across the state who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence. She received the award for the #1 Highest Wrongful Death Motor Vehicle Settlement in Texas in 2022, and the #11 Highest Wrongful Death Motor Vehicle Settlement - nationwide - also in 2022.
Over the course of her legal career, Mrs. Stogner has represented both plaintiff and defendant clients alike with their serious and pressing legal challenges; however, she currently focuses solely on assisting accident victims and their families who are suffering needlessly through no fault of their own.
Along with handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents and other preventable tragedies, Mrs. Stogner has extensive experience handling claims following gas explosions and industrial accidents. She honed her legal skills directly out of law school working on the BP Texas City explosion cases as a first year lawyer.
From her efforts as a personal injury advocate, Mrs. Stogner has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for her plaintiff clients, and she has gained a reputation for her in-depth legal knowledge and aggressive approach to helping her clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve. Recognized for her professionalism and service, she has earned many top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2002 graduate of Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, with degrees in finance and accounting, Mrs. Stogner obtained her Juris Doctor from the South Texas College of Law Houston in 2006. A dean's list scholar in law school, she earned a nomination to join the prestigious Order of Barristers, and she received the Dean's Outstanding Student Advocate award in her final year. As an advocate, she was a member of the 2006 ATLA National Championship Mock Trial team.
A leader in her legal community, Mrs. Stogner serves as President and Chair of the South Texas College of Law Houston - Alumni Board of Directors. She is also an ad hoc member of the STCLH Board of Directors. Prioritizing a quality legal education for any person who wants to study law, regardless of their financial means or where they came from, is a significant focus of her service. When she is not working, she likes to spend time with her husband and three (3) children, especially playing soccer, baseball, basketball, or anything competitive. She also likes to read, bake, and swim.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage
Bad Faith Insurance, Insurance, Insurance Defense, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.abrahamwatkins.com/Attorney-Profiles/Jennifer-O-...
- Monarch Oaks Mom’s Club, Member, 2018 - Present
- Judged several mock trial rounds for student advocates in preparation for national tournaments. , 2022
- Monarch Oaks Community Association, Member, 2018 - Present
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi; B.B.A. in Accounting and Finance, 2002
- Mary Carroll High School, 1997
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2019, Rising Stars, 2018
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019-2020, Rising Stars, 2019
- Regional and National Champions, 2006 - My law school mock trial team won the ATLA National Mock Trial Championship in 2006, beating 212 other law schools., ATLA National Champion Mock Trial, 2006
- Dean's List, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Order of the Barristers, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2006
- Dean's Outstanding Student Advocate, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2006
- $12M drowning wrongful death settlement involving an apartment pool. It was the second largest settlement in the nation for a single death child drowning. , 2023
- Blown Stowers case in a non-auto case resolved for 30X the underlying limits. , 2023
- Blown Stowers case involving a $100,000 auto policy, resolved for $2M or 20X the underlying limits. , 2023
- $5M settlement of commercial motor vehicle rear-end collision case. , 2023
- $3.45M mid-trial settlement of commercial motor vehicle case. Pre-trial offer was $950K. , 2023
- Confidential 7-figure settlement for client injured in a hit-and-run where witnesses followed the responsible driver and photographed his 18-wheeler. Insurance carrier initially balked, claiming no coverage. After deposing the witnesses who saw the collision, the carrier was forced the accept the breach of Stowers and offered an amount above the limits to settle the case. , 2022
- Confidential 7-figure settlement for elderly woman who struck an unlit feller-buncher (used in logging operations) that was on the roadway after dark. My client sustained a skull fracture, broken arm, broken wrist, and numerous facial injuries as well as a long road of recovery. Insurance carrier initially denied coverage under the automobile policy, but ultimately accepted coverage under a mobile equipment endorsement. , 2022
- Confidential settlement for client who was standing in a parking lot when an unlicensed, intoxicated driver left the roadway, entered the parking lot, and struck the vehicle next to my client crushing her between several vehicles. My client sustained 2 broken legs and was hospitalized for two weeks at the beginning of COVID in 2020. , 2022
- High six-figure settlement for Plaintiff injured in a collision, requiring neck surgery. Defendant's carrier failed to tender limits in response to valid Stowers demand. On the eve of trial, Defendant's carrier tendered over 7 times the insurance limits to resolve my client's claim. , 2022
- Multi-million dollar settlement for wrongful death of mother fatally injured by CDL driver who denied responsibility; all available insurance limits tendered for primary and excess carriers. , 2022
- Confidential settlement with tire manufacturer for a defective tire which suffered a catastrophic de-tread at highway speed, resulting in the death of an 11 year old boy. , 2020
- $10 Million Settlement Catastrophic propane gas explosion case involving 5 hunters who were inside the leased cabin when it exploded. Personally handled multiple liability depositions, including the RRC investigator, drafted responses to all motions for summary judgments and successfully argued the same; drafted response to mandamus petition filed by target defendant; case resolved one week after mandamus response was filed and on the eve of trial. , 2020
- Obtained a significant, but confidential, settlement for single mother who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of a t-bone collision with an 18-wheeler who failed to stop at a red light. Defendant and his employer initially denied liability, but ultimately agreed to a settlement before trial to compensate my client for her injuries, to ensure that her future medical care will be covered and that she will have money to support herself and her children, 2019
- Verdict in excess of policy limits against Allstate; unlicensed driver collided with Plaintiffs travelling in excess of 80 MPH. Defendant denied liability at trial. Jury determined the Defendant was the sole cause of the collision, 2019
- Mrs. Stogner obtained summary judgment in favor of the defendant insurance company where plaintiff (both as an individual and corporation) claimed breach of contract and bad faith, and sought over $1 billion in recovery, 2016
- Mrs. Stogner obtained a settlement for defendant of $3,000 on plaintiff's demand in excess of policy limits where defendant was originally arrested for DWI at the scene of the accident but the judge ruled that the charges were inadmissible. Settlement obtained on the courthouse steps, 2015
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant, the former property owner, where plaintiff, a handyman, claimed the new tenant hired him to refinish the floors and he suffered burns due to an illegal electrical connection installed by new tenant. Summary judgment was upheld on appeal in 2016. , 2015
- Alumni President & Chair - South Texas College of Law Houston Alumni Association, 2023
- President - South Texas College of Law, Alumni Association Board of Directors (October 2022-Present), 2022
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Alumni Association - Development Committee Chair (2020-2022), 2022
- South Texas College of Law Houston Alumni Association, Board of Directors (2019-Present) , 2022
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2017 - 2022, 2022
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2007 - 2009, 2014 - Present, 2022
Office location for Jennifer O'Brien Stogner
800 Commerce Street
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2019