Jessica L. Schneider
Top rated family law attorney in Houston, TexasDiggs & Sadler
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2013
Education: Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Diggs & Sadler5300 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77007 Visit website
Jessica L. Schneider is an attorney at Diggs & Sadler, which has offices in Houston and Austin, Texas. She represents clients in matters related to family law, focusing on cases involving international divorce, custody, child support, parental rights and property division along with LGBTQ+ issues, estate planning and probate. She concentrates her practice in Houston and the suburbs around Round Rock, Texas.
In 2008, Ms. Schneider graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. After this, she served as a summer intern at the Bexar County Justice Center in their Family Violence Division. While working here, she gained experience in preparing witnesses, police officers and crime victims for trial and discovered her aptitude for law. Following this, she enrolled in the Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law in 2010 to pursue her law studies.
As a law student, Ms. Schneider worked as a student attorney at the Harris County Attorney’s office, where she gained a closer perspective on legal proceedings. Soon after, she joined there as an assistant county attorney, where she took to family law with a special focus on custody disputes and child abuse cases.
A committed and resolute attorney, Ms. Schneider has spent around nine years in the field of legal practice. She has worked with several law firms across Texas handling a variety of cases across the family law spectrum. Pursuing her passion, she has represented individuals and families in numerous contested trials and mediations.
Rated “Very Good” on Avvo, Ms. Schneider’s satisfied clients endorse her as an empathetic attorney who approaches each case with a firm stance. She strives to help her clients with a genuine effort to support them and help them come out of the difficult situations they are trapped in.
Ms. Schneider is a member of the Houston Association of Women Attorneys, the Houston Young Lawyers Association, the Family Bar of Fort Bend and the Houston Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily law
Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Marital property, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2013, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.texasadvocates.com/our-attorneys/jessica-lara-sc...
- Family Bar of Fort Bend
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar College, 2020
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys, 2020
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar College, 2016
- University of Texas at San Antonio, 2008
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2013
- Semifinalist. , ABA Client Counseling Competition, American Bar Association, 2012
- , CALI Award of Excellence - Trial Simulation, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2013
- Semifinalist. , ABA Client Counseling Competition , American Bar Association, 2013
- Southern District of Texas, 2018
- Discussed and advised against using same attorney during divorce process and risks regarding the same. , Can My Spouse and I Use the Same Attorney to Get a Divorce, 2019
- Discussed geographic restriction. , Can I Keep My Former Spouse From Moving Away With Our Children After Divorce, 2019
- Discussed potential waste and fraud claims in divorce. , My Spouse is Spending Money on a Girlfriend or Boyfriend. Can I Get That Money Back?, 2019
- Discussed legal options to uncover potential hidden assets in a divorce. , What Are My Legal Option If My Spouse is Hiding Money, 2019
- Discussed venue and jurisdictional requirements to file for divorce. , How Long Do I Have to Live in Texas to Get Divorced in Texas, 2019
- Successfully reached agreement in pro bono divorce. , 2019
- Discussed presumptive application of the child support guidelines and income. , Speaker, Texas Child Support Calculations, Texas Modern CLE Mediation Webinar, 2022
- Successfully defended against modification case and obtained favorable ruling and case was dismissed. , 2022
- Successfully settled divorce suit and obtained 50/50 possession visitation schedule for father, as desired by client. , 2022
- Successfully settled contentious high net-worth divorce case., 2019
- Successfully prosecuted modification case and obtained primary custody for father. , 2021
- Obtained primary conservatorship for father after final divorce. , 2022
- Successfully obtained 50/50 possession schedule for father, as desired by client. , 2018
- Successfully obtained protective order for client. , 2021
- Successfully tried divorce case and obtained a favorable ruling for disproportionate share of marital estate and award of attorney's fees for client. , 2021
- Successfully tried modification case and reduced father's child support obligation. , 2021
Office location for Jessica L. Schneider
5300 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77007
- Rising Stars: 2023