Jessie D. Herrera, Jr.
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Houston, TX
Attorney Jessie D. Herrera, Jr., is a partner with Patterson + Sheridan law firm in Houston, Texas. Widely regarded as an emerging leader in his field, Mr. Herrera has more than 13 years of legal experience, and he provides exceptional representation and support to a diverse range of clients throughout Houston and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Intellectual property law, including licensing and IP transactions
· Patents preparation and infringement prosecution
· Oil and gas law
· Industrial, chemical and consumer products
· Communications technologies
· Electronics and semiconductor technologies
· Medical devices and procedures
Having once worked as a mechanical engineer, where he designed a number of industrial tools and equipment, Mr. Herrera has invaluable experience with developing new and innovative products, technologies and services. As such, he can better connect with his clients, particularly those in the energy sectors, to help them address their needs regarding intellectual property protections and improve their positions within their industries.
As an attorney, he provides highly personalized counsel to help his clients fully understand their options so that they can make the best-informed decisions on how to most effectively achieve their goals. He also routinely assists companies with drafting their internal IP policies, leveraging their technologies and innovations, and maximizing their protections. He has gained a reputation as a strong advocate for rights and interests of his clients during any litigation from patent and trademark infringement and other serious disputes.
A 2002 graduate of the University of Texas with a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, Mr. Herrera obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from South Texas College of Law in 2007, where he served as managing editor of the Texas Journal of Business Law. He holds his admission to practice before all state courts in Texas as well as before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and he has worked for some of the largest stakeholders in the oil and gas industry.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Herrera serves on the board of the Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, and he is an active member of the Intellectual Property Owners Association and the Hispanic National Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations. Mr. Herrera is also a member of Leadership Houston as well as the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, and he is a fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation.
About Jessie D. Herrera, Jr.
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.pattersonsheridan.com/jessie-d-herrera-jr/
- Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending August 1, 2014
- Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending December 7, 2012
- Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending August 30, 2013
- Managing Editor of the Texas Journal of Business Law
- Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending July 3, 2015
- Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending July 1, 2016
- Representing Design Patent Owners? Read On. National Law Journal
- Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending May 26, 2017
- Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending March 16, 2018J
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2018-2019
- Elected as a fellow of the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation in 2015. The purpose of the foundation is to recognize outstanding members of Houston's legal community and support the charitable efforts of Houston’s young lawyers. Each class of fellows is limited to no more than 1% of the Houston Young Lawyers Association membership.
- Elected to membership in the Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2018. Fellows of the Foundation are selected for their outstanding professional achievements and their demonstrated commitment to the improvement of the justice system throughout the state of Texas. Election is a mark of distinction and a recognition of contributions to the legal profession.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas, 2002
- Mexican-American Bar Association of Houston, Board of Directors
- President of the Hispanic Law Student Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Industrial Designs Committee
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 63,799
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, Board of Directors
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- National Hispanic Bar Association, Member
Pro bono/Community Service
- Graduate of Leadership Houston, Class XXVII. Leadership Houston's mission is to enlighten, empower, and engage diverse community leaders through a broadened knowledge of Houston and increase their civic leadership capacity for the benefit of Houston and its stakeholders.
- Pro bono attorney for the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program. Handled family law cases pro bono through this program to help individuals who could not afford legal representation.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Communications Technologies
- Consumer Products
- Electronics & Semiconductor Technologies
- Industrial Products
- Medical Devices
- Oil & Gas
Last Updated: 5/15/2022