Jim M. Perdue, Jr.
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Houston, TX
Jim M. Perdue, Jr. is a partner in Perdue & Kidd where he specializes in product liability litigation, pharmaceutical claims, catastrophic personal injury cases, and medical malpractice claims. Perdue's reputation for professionalism and advanced advocacy fuels the entire firm's commitment to maximize recoveries on behalf of every client while improving the law and access to justice.
Texas Monthly has consistently named him a Texas Super Lawyer, where he is listed as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Texas. Mr. Perdue is named in The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White 2006-22), who named him Trial Lawyer of the Year 2016 for Personal Injury Litigation and 2021 for Medical Malpractice in Houston. His multi-million dollar verdicts were named in the Top 100 Verdicts in the Nation in 2019, 2014 and 2009, including his $27.6 million verdict against Boston Scientific for defective female pelvic mesh. The University of Houston Law Center named him its Outstanding Alumnus of the Year in 2007.
Mr. Perdue has achieved verdicts and settlements in excess of $200 million over his career. He is Board Certified in both Personal Injury Litigation by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and Professional Malpractice - Medical by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He served as President of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association in 2021, advocating for protection and access to the civil justice system during the legislative session. Perdue serves on the Texas Supreme Court Advisory Committee, where he chairs the subcommittee on Legislative Mandates. He is a member of the International Society of Barristers, diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Mr. Perdue has given over 150 presentations at legal seminars and published on a wide range of topics, from trial techniques and neuroscience to the professional obligations of attorneys in personal injury cases.
Mr. Perdue is an active member of St. Paul's United Methodist Church, where he served on the Foundation Board of Directors. Perdue serves on the Alumni Board of Directors for St. John's School and past Chair of the school's Annual Fund as well as the Silver Spurs Alumni Association at the University of Texas in Austin. He is a past member of the Board of TIRR Foundation and Texas Lyceum. He and his wife, Nicole, have three sons.
- Top 100: 2022 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Texas Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2006 Houston Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2005 Houston Super Lawyers
About Jim M. Perdue, Jr.
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.perdueandkidd.com/lawyers/jim-m-perdue-jr/
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified, Medical Liability, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Chair, Advanced Medical Torts, State Bar of Texas, 2014
- Texas Supreme Court Rules Advisory Committee
- Chair and Course Director, Trial Advocacy College of Texas, 2018
- Co-Chair, Advanced Evidence and Discovery, State Bar of Texas, 2019
- Given for distinguished service on behalf of the trial lawyer of Texas and those they represent., Don Bowen Distinguished Service Award, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Outstanding Alumnus of the Year, University of Houston Law Center, 2007
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Houston Bar Association, 2002
- American Association For Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Litigation Counsel Of America
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022